FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New Orleans  (Read 2846 times)

Description:

Offline DoubleAs

New Orleans
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »
Looking for restaurant suggestions — my son is allergic to eggs and tree nuts. I’d love nut-free restaurant options, but would potentially be open to places with nuts if they’re super allergy aware. Thanks in advance!

Offline ctmartin

Re: New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 05:14:10 PM »

Dat Dog ... if Datz your thang ;)  PN/Sesame safe!  Sorry ... we aren't dealing with dairy.

Offline DoubleAs

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:54:54 PM »
Thank you! I emailed Dat Dog to check about the egg allergy — fingers crossed!

Offline ctmartin

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:37:09 AM »
Sorry ... I meant egg.  Good luck ... very tasty!  Mona Lisa's in the French Qtr is also a fun place ... check them out as well.  We also ate safely at Cochon Butcher, which is right around the corner from the Children's Museum (don't know how old your son is?).  And finally, if he is OK with baked egg ... Cafe Du Mond for Beignets.  We are PN/Sesame but also avoid all nuts and shellfish (but are not terribly worried about Xcontam with them).  We are VERY careful ... just wanted to add that, so I would not have chosen these restaurants if I did not think they "got it" WRT food allergies.

Offline DoubleAs

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 09:55:30 PM »
We’re just back from New Orleans and I wanted to say thanks for the Dat Dog recommendation — my son loved it!!! Still nut-free and they took the time to care for the egg allergy. Their buns are vegan, but we had to avoid the fries and mayo-based sauces.

Offline ctmartin

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »

Awesome!  Thank you for letting us know that he enjoyed it and it was safe for him!!