FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Mfrs. & Packaged Food

yoplait yogurt

(1/3) > >>

alliedhealth:
Saw in store Yoplait has started Yoplait whips based on girl scout cookie flavors. On website saw has added chocolate peanut butter flavor. Per their website :Does Yoplait WHIPS! Peanut Butter Chocolate Yogurt Mousse contain peanuts and is there a cross-contact risk with other Yoplait products?

A. Yoplait WHIPS! Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse does not contain peanut proteins, and, therefore, does not pose cross-contact risks for other flavors. However, because an ingredient within the natural flavor is derived from peanuts, FDA regulations require an allergen statement on the label. With that in mind, and in addition to routine cleaning and sanitation practices, we are confident that there isn’t a cross-contact risk between Yoplait WHIPS! Chocolate Yogurt Mousse and other Yoplait products.

From discussion with rep. My understanding is that they do not label for shared lines due to processes above, and that have no way of knowing if is on shared lines due to multiple production locations, but always check label, will label if they feel is a risk...but would defer to their allergen statement above

gvmom:
Just seeing this.

Do you know if they process their regular yogurt on the same lines as the mousse products?

I hate when companies do this sort of cr@p. 

alliedhealth:
I tried to ask that question several times. The impression I was left with from the rep I spoke to was that there is no way of finding out due to multiple manufacturing plants and that they might....I am hoping someone else can inquire as this would be a big loss if that is the case. Need suggestions for alternate yogurts if so- trying to feed teen age endurance athlete extra calories and protein

rebekahc:
You might look into Greek Gods yogurt.  I haven't had any in a while (I don't need the calories), but the Honey Vanilla flavor was soooo yummy and indulgent.  On their website, I don't see anything nutty, but I haven't called them in years.  FYI, it's Greek (style) yogurt and not really Greek yogurt - some people take exception to their misleading name, but being used to reading labels, I knew it wasn't actual Greek yogurt when I was buying it.  I simply bought it as a treat because it tasted so good.

http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/24oz-products/vanilla-honey/

my3guys:
Ughhh. We are big yoplait eaters here. I will call when I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version