imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Help! just got my E96 Test back and I'm heartbroken and confused  (Read 4556 times)

Description:

RTR86

Hi, So to make this short-I just got my results for the E96 Common food panel results. I had a tumor on my pancreas that was removed with my spline and a part of my GI tract and as a part of my healing process been seeing a naturopath that suggested doing the (400$) test to see what does my body need to let go off-i'm left with very little-i'm already vegetarian and will not any of the meat or fish I can tolerate based on this test but it seems like I can only eat rice, potato, and spices! I also don't cook and don't have time for it anyhow now that I'm back to work (like really, I burn water) :pout:

My low reaction foods are potato, rice, avocado, yams, spinage, pecan, mushrooms a bunch of spices and fruit (I can have a lot of fruits with the little pancreas I have left, need to be careful with sugar)

My moderate (only to have every 4 days) include cucumbers, peppers, broccoli, carrot and some fruit as well...

My AVOID list is big and has cheese eggs gluten tomatoes almonds and everything else that is obvious and big..

I'm so frustrated I can't stop crying I can't figure out how to start doing this! :'(
what do you guys eat for breakfast? I'm truly heartbroken that the one thing that I feel like I need to heal myself and I can't figure out what to eat tomorrow without feeling like all I've eaten is a mash of cooked items, I'm used to eating big salads every day! if I can only eat most fresh vegetables every four days how is that going to work?!

Please tell me what do you guys do? I'm so upset I feel pathetic..thank you! :heart:

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Help! just got my E96 Test back and I'm heartbroken and confused
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 08:49:38 AM »
Welcome!  I’m so sorry you’re facing so many challenges!  :grouphug:

From an allergy standpoint, naturopaths and the test you had are worthless. I know there is antidotal evidence that changing your diet can be beneficial when fighting cancer, but I’m not really sure if there have been any scientific studies proving the best way to do that. I can’t imagine severely limiting your diet like the naturopath suggested would be beneficial - perhaps quite the opposite. What does your oncologist say?

Our members are great at coming up with things to eat when having to avoid many foods and I’m sure will be eager to help in any way we can, but I urge you to seek the advice of your oncologist and find out which, if any, foods to avoid that could be beneficial for you before avoiding so many things.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.