login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Toothpaste for OIT  (Read 2205 times)

Description:

Offline GoingNuts

Toothpaste for OIT
« on: April 27, 2018, 07:02:31 AM »
This was forwarded by the leader of my local support group:

Dear XXX,

I’m writing today with an important update about Intrommune Therapeutics in my capacity as a company co-founder and advisor. The company is pleased to share with you that they have launched a crowdfunding campaign! This campaign will support the next steps of development for INT-301, an oral mucosal immunotherapy (OMIT) product for the long-term treatment of peanut allergy using a proprietary daily use toothpaste.

As always, it is important to the Intrommune team that the OMIT development pipeline truly addresses the needs of people with food allergies. This campaign helps the company continue to prioritize these efforts. Would it be possible for you to share the campaign with your members and networks, and to encourage them to share it as well?

The full details of the campaign are here: https://netcapital.com/ companies/intrommune

Over the past two years, Intrommune Therapeutics has licensed the rights to develop OMIT for food allergy and laid the groundwork for a research program to support the development of INT-301. With the proceeds of this campaign, the company plans to file for investigational new drug (IND) status for INT-301 with the FDA and plan for the future development of OMIT for food allergies. Submitting an IND application paves the way for starting clinical trials for peanut allergy OMIT.

You can find out more about Intrommune Therapeutics here: http://www.intrommune.com/

Thank you for your interest and support! If you have any questions at all about the company, please reach out, and I will help as I can or connect you to my colleagues.

Sincerely,

Michelle Mantia

--
Michelle Mantia
Operations Manager

Intrommune Therapeutics
20 West 125th Street, Suite #1
New York, NY 10027 USA

e: mmantia@intrommune.com
w:  www.intrommune.com
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Toothpaste for OIT
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
I guess I just don't see the point.  Why not just do sublingual drops?  Plus, toothpaste doesn't seem to be a very controlled application.  Varying amounts used.  Different brushing pressure, technique, time spent.  What if you have gingivitis or other oral disease/injury that introduces the allergen to your bloodstream?
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 10:08:52 AM »
I thought the same. 
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 12:47:59 PM »
Agreed: too many variables.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 12:56:41 PM »
I feel like this would make me nervous because with kids, you would want to be able to keep at least a casual eye on them after the dose in case of a reaction.  My kid brushes her teeth before school, and before bed.  Neither of those are conducive to a parent watching.  And if you would just have to brush your teeth at a different time of the day to make it work logistically, why not just have the drops?