login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Celebrity Cruise Line  (Read 2120 times)

Description: Anyone been??

Offline spacecanada

Celebrity Cruise Line
« on: August 21, 2018, 04:00:03 PM »
Soooo.... I was given notice today that I might be going on a cruise on Friday.  Yes, three days from now.  I won't know for sure until tomorrow or Thursday.  (Don't even talk to me about stress; I'm in full panic mode.)  I've called ahead and they seem to have all the right answers regarding food allergies and medical centre capabilities and equipment. (Unless you're a child - I wouldn't advise taking a child with food allergies on Celebrity cruises - their youth counsellors are not first aid or Epi trained.)

Has anyone here ever sailed Celebrity with food allergies?  I'm looking for first-hand experiences if there are any. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline spacecanada

Re: Celebrity Cruise Line
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:51:44 PM »
Update: It went ok.  Accommodations in the main dining room were great, and they tried hard to make exciting meals for me each day.  The buffet was a huge fail, as getting chefs to understand why eating from the buffet was not an option was frustrating.  Surprisingly, room service was exceptional with food allergies, too!  I put some reviews on my work Facebook page.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Online rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Celebrity Cruise Line
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:59:34 PM »
I'm glad it went well over all and you were safe despite the challenges!  I'd love to hear about how your shore excursions went and whether you ate/were able to eat off ship, too.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.