login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: ONE protein bars  (Read 2041 times)

Description:

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
ONE protein bars
« on: August 31, 2018, 09:29:12 AM »
Ds picked out a couple of these at Trader Joe’s, in maple glazed donut and birthday cake flavors.  I noted that they use Sunbutter for the protein, and not other nuts or peanut flour/butter, so sent an email to decide if dd might be able to try them.  They’ve got 20 grams of protein!  I’m sharing because I’m not sure how everyone feels about washing between flavors.  Not sure how I feel about it!  Opinions?  Dd does eat a few Cliff Bar flavors because they seem to label well with warnings on flavors that could have x-contamination. 

Here is the email I received:

Thank you for your interest in ONE Brands. The product ingredient list on our ONE bars accurately lists what is in the product. The only ONE bars that actually contain any type of peanut or tree nut are the Peanut Butter Pie, Almond Bliss, Blueberry Cobbler, Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake, and Basix Peanut Butter Choc Chunk bars. The other flavors are made in the same facility using the same equipment after proper washouts are performed after each production with any potential allergy cross-contamination. We do follow cGMP standards and are also SQF Level 3, however we cannot recommend if they are safe or not. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,

DAYNA ARNOLD
CUSTOMER SERVICE
O: 980.333.6176 | F: 704.948.4347
A: 5400 West W.T. Harris Blvd., Suite L, Charlotte, NC 28269
Dayna.arnold@one1brands.com | ONE1Brands.com

dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline GoingNuts

Re: ONE protein bars
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:19:10 PM »
Yeah, DS had a bad reaction to Haagen Dazs after eating ice cream that was made on shared equipment that was supposedly cleaned.   :heart:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Online spacecanada

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:42:32 PM »
I've had bad reactions to washed equipment between products, too.  It depends on your reaction history and comfort level with products in the past.  Would you normally eat something made on shared lines?  It's a question only you can answer. 
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 06:23:20 PM »
Wasn’t asking anyone to answer that for dd, just how others feel about such information.  Thanks for the info on reactions to such products.  That is helpful in making the decision...she’s almost 19, so I offer help, but it’s ultimately her decision these days.  She’s happy with the cliff bars, which will add a may contain statement to some not nutty flavors, so we consider that in line with our practices and similar to how Hershey labels.

I guess no need to add a new bar if she’s good with Cliff.  I just got a bit hopeful that they seem to choose to use Sunbutter in several flavors, so seems they are trying to offer a nut free choice.

Dd actually has not ever required her epipen, 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.  As time has gone on, she pretty much takes most labels at face value, but tries to stick to those that look to voluntarily offer up more info.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:25:14 PM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy