login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Travel to Italy ... Be Careful!  (Read 1817 times)

Description:

Offline ctmartin

Travel to Italy ... Be Careful!
« on: September 27, 2018, 09:00:36 AM »
I am pretty tuned in with food allergy reactions/deaths in the news, but somehow I either missed this, or it was not widely reported (not many details, unfortunately).  I wonder how many other incidents like this occur worldwide and are not included in media reports?!  This hits close to home, as we were just in Italy and my daughter suffered a severe reaction while we were there due to the negligence of a restaurant owner (again, not sure what happened here, due to lack of details, but just telling our experience).  It says in the article linked below that the woman took her "allergy pills" but they did not help.  This is glaring evidence of how uneducated many are in Italy with regard to food allergies (including food service workers, in our experience).  Please be careful when you travel to Italy!  I am so sorry for this young woman and the loved ones she left behind  :'(

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/general_news/2018/07/16/woman-24-dies-of-allergic-reaction_475174df-84a0-4eb0-8820-0a8393227244.html