FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Schools and Food Allergies

HS 504 plan

(1/3) > >>

MaryM:
DS has had a 504 since Kindergarten.  The HS called to set up a 504 meeting.  For those of you whop have had 504 plans for high school, what are some things I should request?  His middle school plan was pretty basic and I have no idea what to request at this new level.

Macabre:
Mary I may be able to look for it this evening, but there are HS threads and I think a thread that links to those threads. I believe I included DS 504 from 9th grade (full text) in one. I can look tonight. When is the meeting?

MaryM:
Thanks Mac!  I’ll look for it.

PurpleCat:
We dropped ours for HS.  The admins and teachers in our district are very proactive and supportive, we are fortunate.

2 things that I remember having to address in high school.  Science labs (one included burning food...yes, food - burning nuts was changed to burning crackers) and an incident with a bomb threat when students were told to evacuate without taking backpacks or belongings.  They were bused to another school in our district.   The school now has protocols in place so if belongings are left behind by directive to be sure emergency meds travel with the nurse.  This includes other meds besides epi pens.

Macabre:
See this.

Sample 504 plans for HS - any samples here? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version