FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Rosemary Olive Oil Bread  (Read 2173 times)

Description: Do I substitute for the nuts or no?

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
« on: June 15, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »
I probably haven't made this recipe in about a decade since it has nuts.  I used to make it all the time...served it with salads or soups. 

I guess the question is do I bother substituting something for the nuts like sunflower seeds or just skip it?

Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
2 1/2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c walnuts
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp dried rosemary (I tried to find the already crushed kind, but if couldn't then chopped it up some)
1/4 tsp salt
Grated zest of one lemon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c sweet white wine or apple juice
1/2 c extra virgin olive oil

Heat oven to 350.  Lightly coat loaf pan with vegetable spray.  Mix together flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt and lemon zest.  Blend eggs, wine and olive oil.  Stir into dry ingredients.  Pour into pan and smooth the surface.  Bake 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Offline GoingNuts

Re: Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »
You can skip it.  I’ve had awesome rosemary olive oil bread with no nuts, seeds, etc. 
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 12:05:56 AM »
Agreed,?though, I’ve never had this type of quickbread.  I think the kids would love it!
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »
It's seriously delicious!