login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: A little clarity  (Read 2060 times)

Description:

Offline notashrimpwimp

A little clarity
« on: September 26, 2011, 12:50:34 AM »
 :banghead:

Last Saturday was yet another lesson in eating with allergies. Apparently I can add fish to my list, which doesn't help. Then Sunday rolls around and yet another reaction. I had one hotdog, homemade sparerib with shoyu and sugar, and pickled cabbage.  I have had all of those before. In addition, there were walnuts sprinkled on a cake in the room. Walnuts are one of my worst allergies. Do you think it was the nuts? Even if they weren't heated?

I have gotten to the point where I don’t really have an appetite. I had blood drawn for testing, but in the meantime the doctor suggested I cut out gluten and dairy. I want to get this figured out as I am otherwise healthy.

Any help is appreciated!

Offline AllergyMum

Re: A little clarity
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 01:14:14 PM »
Could it be cross contamination?

How are you feeling today? 
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline notashrimpwimp

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »
I haven't been able to bring myself to eat. I eat maybe one meal a day. I just cannot stand the side effects of food.

Offline nameless

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
Is there any way for you to move out on your own into a little studio apartment?  From knowing your experiences on here over the past year --- your worst enemy at the moment is your living situation and cross-contamination and airborne in your family's home. 

:grouphug:

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England