login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Ideas about which threads need starters here and which don't  (Read 7463 times)

Description:

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
Here's what I'm thinking-- and this probably applies to "commercial" as well:

Anything which is "time-sensitive" (like notices about an event, for example) probably don't need thread starters HERE.  As long as FAS-Hyperboards remains a searchable archive, then I think leaving those where they are is fine.

What we move should have current and/or future applicability for members.  KWIM?

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
Re: Ideas about which threads need starters here and which don't
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:11:51 PM »
Oh-- and I'm going to sticky this, but I anticipate ditching this thread in its entirety at some point prior to opening day...

just wanted to set this note here as a starting point.

Because as I was moving things in "OT-Other Health" I realized that a LOT of things won't need that extensive a handling.  It's just that those health-related threads are pretty important to the thread-starters in some instances.  And let's face it, anything about viral hives, asthma, or prednisone is going to have on-going appeal. 

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »
You know, it might be a good idea for someone (I'm thinking one of the mods could jump in on this) to categorize products - both here and in commercial.  We could even set up sub-boards - like Alergy Alert (signs, clothing, stickers), Help with Dining Out, Epi Carriers, Educational Materials - within this general board.  As products get added we can move them to the appropriate sub-board and leave the misc. ones in the general board.  Often, I don't think parents even know what to search for because they don't know what they need (or might want).  If they could see broad categories, I think these two sections could be much more useful and get more traffic.  Once the move settles in, I think one of could maintain these sections pretty easily.
TX USA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 07:42:02 AM »
I think that's a great idea.  I was thinking similarly about the recipe section...wondering if I should make threads like "cake" "cookies" "beef" and post the links to old threads within them.  Decided it would be a bad idea for various reasons, but I really like the idea of sub-boards to categorize products.

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »
 :bump:

Just to remind us we need to act on this and then move this thread before opening day.
TX USA

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »
Well, hardly seems necessary since it has been here all day.   :bye:

Besides, I think it IS still a pretty good idea overall to categorize things, as discussed above. 

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »
Hey, you're the one who wanted to ditch it ;)
TX USA

Offline LinksEtc

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 08:53:16 PM »
Do you mind if I start new threads for some of the FA resources?