FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: MarbleSlab  (Read 149 times)

Description:

Offline SilverLining

MarbleSlab
« on: March 19, 2024, 07:38:55 PM »
Anyone familiar with the ice cream company Marble Slab?

They started in USA and have expanded into Canada.

They claim some products free from peanut and tree nut (including trace amounts). Including ice cream cakes.

Offline GoingNuts

Re: MarbleSlab
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 07:50:08 PM »
Never heard of it, but the name reminds me of Cold Stone, where they mix add-ins into ice cream on slabs of granite or marble.  There’s nothing safe at Cold Stone; even if a given flavor was safe, everything would be X-contaminated. 

https://www.coldstonecreamery.com/
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 06:15:00 PM »
Marble Slab in person would not be safe. Ever. I haven’t seen prepackaged items for sale around here in grocery stores, but I haven’t been inside a Marble Slab since high school.  If they have safe packaged items, I would want to try them.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 09:41:28 PM »
The good news is, the guy working at the store was aware and honest.

He said everything is made in the store and therefore could be cross contaminated. Even the tubs are filled in the store, so they are not safe.