FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New here-Baked Egg Challenge Recipe from Mt. Sinai  (Read 10486 times)

Description:

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator

Offline AllergyMum

Re: New here-Baked Egg Challenge Recipe from Mt. Sinai
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »
Theses recipes are very important.  The two recipes that were given in the original post for the Baked Egg Challenge are as follows:

From momma2boys
Dairy, Nut, and Corn-Free Muffins for the Child Undergoing an Egg Challenge or Egg Immunotherapy
(How’s that for a recipe title?)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12-muffin pan with paper cups.

Whisk together thoroughly in a large bowl:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon homemade baking powder (2 parts cream of tartar, 1 part baking soda)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Whisk together in another bowl:
2 large eggs
1 cup rice milk
2/3 cup sugar
8 tablespoons expeller pressed canola oil

Add to the flour mixture and mix together with a few light strokes just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Add any desired fruit. Do not overmix; the batter should not be smooth. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool on a rack.

From loobyloo
recipe from Mt. Sinai:

Egg Muffins
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
29 cc rice milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup corn oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup ripe banana or apple

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients and mix with wet ingredients. Pour in to muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes.
Yield- 6 muffins (1/3 egg per muffin)

Not sure why that one ingredient is listed in metric,it's odd but it's the recipe I transcribed directly from the sheet that DS allergist gave me once he passed the challenge; it's the same one they emailed me and I deleted accidently. I figured it's not too hard to figure out, the chart I found below should help:

Take the number of cc's you have and divide it by 4.92892 to calculate the number of teaspoons.
Take the number of cc's you have and divide it by 14.7868 to calculate the number of tablespoons.
Take the number of cc's you have and divide it by 29.5735 to calculate the number of fluid ounces.
Take the number of cc's you have and divide it by 236.588 to calculate the number of cups.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:14:59 AM by AllergyMum »
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada

Offline AdminCM

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »
THANK YOU, AllergyMum!!   :smooch:

Offline AllergyMum

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:53:19 AM »
BUMP