FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sunflower by any other name.: Different names for sunflower in ingredients list  (Read 36545 times)

Description:

Online rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the board!  :bye:

I think I've read about some make ups that do contain sunflower, but I don't know them off the top, of my head. You might try searching through this section for it. Tomorrow when I have a real computer in front of me (instead of just my phone), I'll look and see if I can find something unless someone beats me to it. I know we have a few members with severe sunflower allergy, so hopefully they'll see this and chime in as well.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Sara999

I've had a terrible allergy to sunflower for 8 years and I am still finding sneaky ways companies add sunflower to their ingredients and don't label it appropriately.Vitamin E is also derived from sunflowers. Not all Vita E but more often than not, and it's not labeled on the ingredients list. Maybe most already figured that out but it was news to me. Hope this helps.

Elizabeth Williams

Don't forget about tocopherols and Vitamin E.