FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Our Son Passed Away  (Read 71888 times)

Description: mumaluke's son

Offline hedgehog

Re: Our Son Passed Away
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2016, 06:56:53 AM »
 :grouphug: thank you for sharing.  My family hasn't ours, as far as I know.  I plan to within the next week or so.  And I will start nagging my kids to get theirs ( both are away at college).
USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2016, 07:25:19 AM »
I get mine at work, and I've started nagging my adult kids.  One of them is a teacher, so he definitely needs to be vaccinated, as he is exposed to everything under the sun.  And we all have asthma as well. 

Great segment, and very effective at driving the message home.  :heart:   :grouphug:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2016, 07:44:19 AM »
 :bye: mumaluke!

Great segment.  Your daughter is getting so grown up and she is beautiful!

Hugs to you and your family and appreciation for all of your efforts to keep others healthy and safe!

My family is vaccinated for 2016!

Offline BensMom

« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2016, 08:36:13 AM »
I saw that segment on the news and immediately thought of you guys, but I didn't know it was actually you! I'm one of those people who never used to get the shot for me or the kids. One year my dh broke out in a rash all over and that just "confirmed" my belief that we shouldn't get them, especially for ds--the allergic one. But when that swine flu hit and your son died, I decided to get my kids vaccinated. I didn't get it in time for ds--had an appt set up--and he got the flu. Thankfully he was ok, but it took about 3 months of being sick and then better and then worse and then pneumonia and breathing treatments for the first (and last) time ever--I was scared to death. We've been getting vaccinated ever since then and I always think of your family.  :grouphug:

I almost never come into Main. Weird that I took a peek today, just when you posted.

Offline mumaluke

« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2016, 08:47:06 AM »
I almost never come into Main. Weird that I took a peek today, just when you posted.

Funny how stuff works like that...  :thumbsup:

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2016, 10:45:35 AM »
Our publicly funded flu shots aren't available here yet but we will get them as soon as they are! High risk people, like me, and everyone in their household gets them for free here - yay! (They were free for everyone where we used to live, mind you.)
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2016, 11:34:35 AM »
mumaluke-- thank you so much for reminding me to hound my friends again this fall.   :heart:

We've all had ours, but DD's friends and boyfriend haven't (yet).  He definitely needs one. 
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Mfamom

• Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2016, 04:42:12 PM »
Hi Mumaluke!  I always always think of you and your family at this time of year. 

Thank you for always working to raise awareness. 

I forced my son who is now a freshman in college to get his flu shot when he was home a couple of weeks ago. 
He called today and he is sick, dr said he has walking pneumonia and I'm so worried about him.  I am happy that he got the flu shot and hope the meds he's on clear it up. 

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 04:45:04 PM by Mfamom »
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2016, 07:14:40 PM »
Younger DS got it @ school 2 weeks ago; I get mine Wed. @ work.  I'll spend the next few days nagging DH and my other DS.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2016, 10:19:22 PM »
Mfamom I'm so glad you raised this thread. Thank you. :heart:
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline joanna5

« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2016, 11:13:13 AM »
You and your family did a wonderful job in the segment, and my heart goes out to you. 

My boys just got their flu shots at the pedi's this morning.  My daughter and I are getting ours at CVS today, and my husband got his through work. 
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2016, 05:07:17 PM »
It was quite an experience, but we finally got out flu shots.

They are always available sooner in US than up here, and by the time they were available we had something travelling through the family. Didn't want to risk getting the shot until it cleared up.

Went to the pharmacy today and there were 3 people ahead of us. After 15 minutes, there were still 3 people ahead of us. And we had watched the pharmacist coughing and sneezing for 15 minutes. So we left.

Went to another pharmacy. Was much better.

Offline mumaluke

« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2017, 09:03:27 PM »
Hi All - Just stopping in to say hello.  Hope all is well with everyone! 

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:58 PM »
💗 hope you are all doing well also. So glad you continue to stop in. I think of you often, we all get our flu shots every year now.
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2017, 11:07:24 AM »
I always think of you when I see the flu shot signs up around town each autumn.  We are still waiting for the public flu shot clinics to open up here.  We'll be getting them as soon as they are available.   :heart:
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum