FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Our Son Passed Away  (Read 71790 times)

Description: mumaluke's son

Offline SilverLining

Re: Our Son Passed Away
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »
Hi mumaluke.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »
Hi!   :bye:  So glad you think of us and pop in!

I'm the last in my house to get one.  (we all go to different doctors)  Next Friday is my turn.

Offline BensMom

« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2018, 07:52:00 AM »
My husband is working from home today, so I told him we should go together today to get our shots. My daughter is on campus all day, but has a long break. I told her if she can get her flu shot at the health center, she could do that and be done with it. I need to text my son, who is living in CA.

Mumaluke, we didn't used to get flu shots. I'm not anti-vax, but thought an annual flu shot wasn't really necessary.  My daughter, who is 20, asked last night at dinner when and why we started getting them. I said it was when someone's son died and they posted here. That's when we started. I told them you come back and post every year to remind us to get our shots.  :heart:

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2018, 10:15:49 PM »
When DD and I got our flu shots a few weeks ago (as early as they were available locally), I thought of you mumaluke.

:heart:  Thank you for surely saving lives in your quest.

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2018, 08:20:32 AM »
I couldn't even watch that.   :'(
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
We are waiting at the walk in clinic... I think my husband might have the flu, despite being vaccinated earlier this month.   :tongue:
Day 5 of violent coughing, Tylenol, sleeping (and not being able to sleep), and fever on and off.  Three days off from work.  He's miserable.  *sigh*
Maybe it is something else, like pneumonia or bronchitis or something... thus the clinic visit.

Regardless, make sure you're vaccinated!!  Get the pneumonia vaccine, too, if you're due for one.  (I think it's every 5 years?)

Update: it's a really bad case of strep. 
Update 2: nope, strep test came back negative, it's some combination of a flu and head cold or something.  I cannot take his whining any longer!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:59:05 PM by spacecanada »
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2018, 04:52:31 PM »
DH and I just got our shots at the pharmacy.

Dh was talking about the pneumonia vaccine. He has to pay at pharmacy, but due to his health, getsnit free at doctor’s. He thinks he’s not due for a few years.

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2018, 09:33:50 AM »
Ugh!  I’m going to have to go back to the pharmacy and find out what kind of bandaids they use.

The night we got the shot my arm was itchy. I thought it was probably the cotton ball or bandaid was wrinkled or something. Removed it ASAP.

Yesterday it was a bit itchy on and off. Didn’t really think much of it. But today it was REALLY itchy and I scratched which hurt. Hurt because of the bruise which I had before the shot. The bruise is well below the shot and well below the bandaid, but the pain made me actually look.

It was red and looked a bit swollen. When I looked in a mirror, the red swollen part is the exact shape of the bandaid. The area where the shot is, is fine.

Next year, I think I’ll bring my own bandaid.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
I have that bandaid problem too.  :tongue:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2018, 04:02:36 PM »
It is not normal for me.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2018, 05:58:44 PM »
Each and every time for me!  Each and every time.  I keep saying I will bring my own and I never, ever, remember!   :insane:

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2018, 09:15:23 AM »
http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2018/12/us-flu-levels-continue-rise-more-child-deaths-reported

There are a number of deaths in India and Georgia associated with H1N1. And a 26 year old journalist in the US went from fine to deceased within two days this week.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
 :-[