FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: makeup  (Read 3348 times)

Description:

aimee

makeup
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »
my dd is 4 and just started dancing, well i am looking ahead and i already explained to the teacher that she will probably not be wearing makeup at the recital and for the dance pictures cause i have no idea what make up would be safe.   We are dealing with peanut/treenut/ and sesame.   can anyone help with brands that might be safe?...she is also dying to try lipgloss.  any suggestions would be wonderful.

Offline SweetandSour

Re: makeup
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »
Covergirl gives pretty detailed ingredient lists. At least what I have used.

Also, I do believe maybe NYC is ok?
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
Re: makeup
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:05:24 AM »
Ohh I'm a HUGE make up girl! 
Here's my lipgloss (I've tried MULTIPLE colors) http://www.maybelline.com/products/19/lips/lip-gloss/color-sensational-lip-gloss/pink-perfection/035?shadeId=146 

Maybelline has ALWAYS been so helpful with allergy q's.  I don't have the sesame allergy, but I do consider myself allergic to pn/tna.

Mascaras:
Maybelline:
Falsies (purple tube), Voulme Express 1-by-1 (pink tube), Great Lash (pink & green tube).

Eyeliner I use NYC (cheapie Walmart brand, they have told me there's no nuts in any of their products but I have only bought the eye liner so far).  Almay also said they're safe for pa/tna.

Blush, Covergirl (it kinda stinks, lol), also their bronzer is safe for pa/tna (not sure about sesame).

Eyeshadow, Almay, Clinique, Maybelline.

Foundation, I've use Clinique for years... the "perfectly real" make up.. love it, it's pricey, but LOVE it.

I always do an allergy test on my inner arm before trying something new.

I'm actually getting ready to take the plunge and by a huge eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay.. they list all the ingredients on the website.. but they're kinda pricey, too.  This will be my first palette and the ingredients are listed.. http://www.urbandecay.com/naked-palette-eyeshadow/245,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=12

I've also used E.L.F. eyeshadows (pigmented ones) successfully, the shimmer ones as well. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:09:16 AM by Princess Cheese »
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3