login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: What cornmeal do you use?  (Read 2686 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

What cornmeal do you use?
« on: September 29, 2011, 01:05:16 AM »
There was  a recent discussion about Quaker where someone was told they do not always label for shared lines. Only if they feel it's necessary. So we started buying Great Value brand quick oats but what about corn meal? What brand do you use? I can't find Hodgson Mills cornmeal here.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline pitter patter

Re: What cornmeal do you use?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:31 AM »
I use Great Value corn meal.
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 03:55:21 PM »
Darn. I'm almost positive the GV cornmeal here has warnings for peanut and tree nut (I think it's regional). I might check into buying hodgson mills online. I can get a few bags and store them in the deep freezer.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 08:44:16 PM »
Well that wasn't totally accurate. Our walmart doesn't even carry great value corn meal. So it's ALL Quaker. I did find it with free shipping at Amazon but it's expensive-$2.25 a lb ( have to buy 6 two-pound packages). Also another one for $1.58 a lb but you have to buy even more-6 five-pound bags.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline pitter patter

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »
Sorry about that Jessica.  :-[
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 12:48:39 AM »
I would ask the store to carry it but then I worry that it's not safe here and I don't want to ask them to bring something in and then not buy it. On the other hand, they wouldn't know if I bought it or not...
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

hk

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »
I order Hodgson Mills online.  The $12 shipping is a bit annoying, but at least I know it's safe.