FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Silk soy milk again! Has anyone found a soy milk not on shared lines  (Read 21699 times)

Description:

Gloria

Re: Silk soy milk again! Has anyone found a soy milk not on shared lines
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:57 PM »
My daughter was hospitalized today after drinking Nature's Promise Vanilla Soy Milk that I purchased at Stop & Shop in NJ. She is highly allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. The rep said that it's made in the same facility with their almond milk but that there is a strict quality policy and sanitizing process to ensure no cross contamination. It's unreal that they do not have proper labeling that states that it's made on shared lines!! We had the scare of our lives today when my daughter experienced anaphylaxis! TERRIBLE! I will warn everyone I can about this product!

twinturbo

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 09:05:54 AM »
The product can be tested for the presence of contamination if you still have the leftover contents.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 07:36:11 AM »
Oh wow. I hope she is doing okay now.  Yes, so frustrating.   I assume you've told them.  I might also send them a copy of your hospital bill along with a photocopy of their label. 

Next time know that you can send off remains of the product for free testing and they'll report findings of an unlabeled for allergen to the FDA. 
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Gloria

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
Thanks she's doing fine physically just emotionally very upset still and scared. I called the FDA and they are sending someone to collect the product for testing. I heard back from the manufacturer again, a company called Jasper, and they confirmed that the lot was made on shared lines but fully sanitized. I'm so disappointed that the label did not include a warning for using shared lines. So scary!

Offline shoshana

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 08:38:24 AM »
so, has anyone found a soy milk not on shared milk lines, not in a nut facility?
we have been using 8th continent, but on two separate occasions (months apart), dd developed small hives on her lips after having cheerios (safe) with 8th continent.  this morning it happened... :(   i know when i call 8th cont they will assure me that there is no way there was trace dairy...

carefulmom, is there a safe TJ's soy milk?

i am so tired of the years and years of attempting to find a soy milk.

Offline shoshana

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »
has anyone tried Earth Balance soy milk?

Offline spacecanada

So Nice and So Good brand soy milks (by Earth's Own) are on shared lines with almond but not dairy.  We learnt that one the hard way, as there was no warning label and we had been drinking it for years before they switched.  Suddenly I had runny nose and rashes all over when I drank their soy milk.  We called in and they said they recently started making Almond Fresh and they clean and test between soy, rice and almond milks and thus don't use precautionary labelling.  We switched to Natura but they are on shared lines with milk.  (No dairy allergy.)  We've started reducing the amount of soy milk we use and avoiding it whilst away from home because the amount of cross-contamination is so high.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum