FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: pepperidge farm original goldfish  (Read 3657 times)

Description:

aimee

pepperidge farm original goldfish
« on: October 10, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
does anyone use these who have peanut/ treenut/ and sesame?..i couldnt get a straight answer when i called about them regarding sesame. 

hk

Re: pepperidge farm original goldfish
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »
 :coffee:

Watching this one.  I never got a straight answer either so I stopped buying them.  DD would probably be thrilled to have them back.

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 07:43:16 AM »
Hi Ds eats them all the time. He is p/tn/sesame allergic. I called on them and did get a straight answer. That is surprising that they have not been helpful. I have always found them extremely helpful. They will even check on things and call me back. I hope customer service hasn't changed. He eat the regular cheddar, flavor blasted, pizza, original, parmesan, pretzel and sour cream & onion. I haven't given him the goldfish cookies though I know people who eat those. I just haven't called myself.

aimee

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 06:46:04 PM »
when i called on monday, they couldnt give me a straight answer regarding the sesame allergy cause she wasnt sure what was in the spices?, she didnt sound sure of herself and i was strictly asking about the original cheddar cause dd hates "flavored" items.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 10:05:21 AM »
DS eats them all the time.  I'm surprised my their response because pepperidge farms is one of the better companies about labeling their bread/buns for sesame cross contamination.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 10:32:42 PM »
Yes--I don't have a problem with them either.  And PF is the only bread from teh supermarket I'll eat (well, also King's Hawaiian).
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline momma2boys

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
My pa/sesame ds eats them too.  Have you tried the vanilla cupcake flavor yet?  Seriously addicting!!
peanut, treenut, sesame
Northeast, US

Offline Stinky6

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 10:29:28 PM »
we are pa only (potentially sesame)

he eats them all the time

but when I call I think they SOUND like they are giving you a straight answer
but they aren't actually giving you a straight answer!

Offline mom2AnH

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
I'm particularly curious about this because H reacted (with hives) to the cheddar goldfish earlier this year. A "new & improved" label on the box. He's eaten them since he was a year old!!!! It stinks he can no longer eat them :(

But we've never been able to determine what exactly caused the reaction.

Same with chinese food that caused an ANA RXN .... though we're testing for sesame, waiting on results from that.

I won't let H eat any goldfish item now since I don't know WHAT he reacted to.

Offline PurpleCat

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
They are a favorite of DD and she does have sesame allergy.  She likes cheddar, whole grain cheddar, pizza and pretzel.  I have not called in a couple years but I do call Pepperidge Farms for different breads and have always gotten good answers from them.

Now the colored ones she can no longer eat due to watermelon used to color the fish.