login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Angie's Kettle Corn  (Read 4042 times)

Description:

Offline joanna5

Angie's Kettle Corn
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:56:37 PM »
Has anyone tried this?  It's made in a peanut- and tree nut-free facility.  It's also made on equipment that is free from the top allergens and gluten.  We tried it today- they had Halloween treat bags in the candy section, and it is really, really good. 

http://www.angieskettlecorn.com/our-kettle-corn/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:53:58 PM by joanna5 »
David (10/04): Allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, and mustard
Allison (9/06): NKA
Ryan (3/11): Allergic to milk and eggs

Offline Jessica

Re: Angie's Kettle Corn
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:15:02 AM »
thanks for posting. There aren't any stores in my area but the next time I'm at a Super Target I'm going to see if I can find some.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

twinturbo

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:55:12 AM »
I've read their allergen statement twice before and all it does is restate FALCPA and by FALCPA standards that they are top 8 free. The declaration that the facility is nut free and line gluten free is new. FWIW Amazon used to sell these by the case for a decent price.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »
Yes, check your Target (if you have one)...our had packs of 24 in the bulk halloween candy section.   I bought 3 for kids lunches.

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:44:40 PM »
We've called on Angie's Kettle Corn. OK for our family with PN/TN.  :thumbsup:

DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 03:04:26 AM »
I looked again and there is a store listed that we have here. But I don't remember ever seeing this stuff. Which section is it usually in? The store is a smaller one so they don't carry all of the things the rest of the chain does. So they may not even have it.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline joanna5

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
Jessica, I found it with the Halloween candy.  I haven't checked the popcorn/chips section, but will next time I'm at Target.  They also sell it on their website, as well as on Amazon.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
I found the big bags at one of my local grocery stores that I don't usually shop at.  It was right as I walk in so hopefully it will be near everyone soon.  I bought the carmel flavor tonight.  I have no doubt that my family will eat it while I'm out of town this weekend so I won't be able to report back on how it tastes.  We have all enjoyed the kettle corn flavor.

twinturbo

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 05:14:54 AM »
Amazon still has the cases though they occasionally are out of stock. Best price is $37.66 per 12 pack primed. That beats my local store by about $1 per bag not including gas to store and time spent.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »
I don't know why but I was picturing small bags-like those individual bags of chips you buy at convenience stores. I bought a case from amazon intending to put a couple in each of my kids' halloween bags. They arrived today and they are full size bags. lol
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

hk

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 08:41:55 PM »
I don't know why but I was picturing small bags-like those individual bags of chips you buy at convenience stores. I bought a case from amazon intending to put a couple in each of my kids' halloween bags. They arrived today and they are full size bags. lol

I found the small bags at Target yesterday.  They are REALLY small. 

Offline joanna5

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 07:20:45 AM »
Jessica, they also have small bags. They're the perfect size for lunch boxes.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 11:58:26 AM »
I understand that but I thought I was ordering the small bags and they are not. They're all the full size like you'd buy a big bag of potato chips. 12 of them. Huge. So if anyone orders from amazon, be aware that they are full size bags.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 11:58:58 AM »
btw super target is an hour away and I've only had the chance to go to a regular target so far. They didn't have them. That's why I went ahead and ordered them from amazon.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA