imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Sources for Peanut FREE treenuts  (Read 62971 times)

Description:

Offline peanutallergies

• Commercial Member
    • Peanut Allergy
Re: Sources for Peanut-FREE treenuts
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
Just found tree nut butters that are peanut-free at a Whole Foods store. 

http://www.artisanafoods.com/

nice link, thanks!
link removed by Admin

Offline brownie

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »
If you were PA but cleared on almond and pistachio, which nut would you try next and/or what nut product would you consider the safest next bet from a cross-contamination standpoint?  Walnut is out because it is a potentially serious allergen for my younger child so it will be the last one we try.  Many of these products are contaminated by other nuts...it's a little overwhelming.  Brownie
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 09:57:32 AM »
The next one we find useful in cooking is pecan. But i thinkbits kind of close to pecans. However, I have itchy problems wth walnuts and not pecans. And I have tested positive to some walnuts but not other walnuts and not to pecans.

Finding them--well, I've posted about that above, and for the last two years we've bought one with a may contain warning because we have historically not had problems and I know exactly WHY it's a may contain and think the risk is super low. But others may not share that level of comfort (and I'll say we have a pretty tight comfort zone otherwise--never use may contains and don't buy things made on shares equipment).

OR a tack you could take is to test the other treenut that is an issue for Blue Diamond so you can eat that product with confidence. Having Blue Diamond in our lives was a game changer for us.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline maeve

Re: Sources for Peanut FREE treenuts
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »
No do not try pecan. Walnut and pecan are considered the same protein when challenging, so if you react to walnut, you'll react to pecan. It's the same with cashew/pistachio. DD reacted to cashew at her challenge last month and so pistachio also remains out of her diet. Her RAST to walnut was too high to challenge. We were told that they (Hopkins) consider the walnut RAST a more reliable indicator when determining whether to challenge because it seems the pecan number skews unreliably lower.

I came to this thread to look for almonds that were not contaminated with other tree nuts. Thankfully, Nutella is fine for having hazelnut. I'm hoping to find a source of shelled pine nuts (yes, I'm lazy  ;D ).

Part of the reason it might be hard to find uncontaminated cashews is because it is illegal to import cashews in their shells and most are imported. I found this little tidbit out watching the video prep for our challenge.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:14:50 PM by maeve »
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline royallynuts

• Commercial Member
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 02:08:15 PM »
If you are looking for a source of peanut free nuts and dried fruit check out - http://royalnuts.ca/en/peanut-gluten-free/

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 03:20:16 PM »
Just reminding everybody that YOU need to re-check on any suggestions here FOR YOURSELF! 

Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!   

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline royallynuts

• Commercial Member
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 10:09:58 AM »
What about - link removed by Admin
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:48:58 AM by admin rebekahc »

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
Royallynuts - you already posted your link in this thread.  I am going to quote our Commercial posting rules here for you since you are apparently unaware of them:

We welcome posts and links about products of value to the allergic community, and welcome clarification or answers offered by guests and members posting in an official capacity as representatives of particular businesses, organizations, or agencies. 

Before posting about a product/service/business, please search the site and see if the product/service you'd like to discuss already has a thread started.  If so, please add your comments to that thread.  Moderators may merge, edit, or delete duplicate threads or links as needed.

There is a fine line between appropriate self-promotion and spam posting.  The following Rules will help to ensure acceptable commercial activity at FAS:

1.  Only ONE link to the product/service may be posted by persons affiliated with the product/service; the proper place for such a self-promotional thread is in the Commercial area of the forum.

2.  Do not serial post (repetitive posting of the same information) OR serial re-raise the thread about product/service.

3.  Members who register for promotional purposes may reply to other topics in areas outside of the Commercial section; however, those replies must be clearly relevant to the discussion and not self-promotional in nature.  Those replies may NOT contain links to your product/service!

4.  Regular Members may discuss products/services in any section of the forum where it is relevant (e.g. Manufacturers, Restaurants, Travel), but those posts must not be self-promotional in nature.

5.  It is acceptable and even encouraged to have a single, separate Commercial ID which reflects the name or nature of the business and is specifically for the purpose of professional/official posts, while maintaining a regular member user ID for personal use.  These Commercial members may not start threads about their product/service outside of a SINGLE thread in the Commercial section (see #1), AND they may NOT add links to a signature line.

6.  It is not permitted for any member or guest to misrepresent his/her affiliation with any business, organization, or agency.  Please see #4 above.

Commercial posting activity deemed to be inappropriate, excessive, abusive, or in violation of policy or these boards and its members will be removed, and offenders may have their account(s) banned from FAS.

The Admins and Committee Members are in no way affiliated with any promoted or linked products/services, and do not in any way endorse any products/services promoted or linked to within this Commercial section of our boards. Admins and Committee Members who have experience with or knowledge of the products/services may post reviews of a product/service; however, said testimonials or commentary should be viewed as a customer review and not an official endorsement or denouncement of the product by an Admin or Committee Member.
TX USA

Offline brownie

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »
Nutella's website is awful. I don't even see an email address. I know they are peanut safe. I have given it to my oldest with PA, but has there been any info that they are also free of treenut contamination (besides Hazelnut)?

DS13 passed almond and we've been approved to challenge hazelnut, pistachio and cashews. I have Nutella in the cupboard, but I'm afraid to use it until I can gather more info. DS is off the charts to peanut and likely allergic to walnut/pecan as well.

ETA - pretty amused with myself...apparently last year I started a thread on this topic as well :) It must have been when I was adding it into my DS15's diet! However, as he had never had a tree nut allergy, just peanut, I was less concerned!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:22:26 PM by brownie »
2 ds's with PA, TNA and avoiding all seafood

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »
I just saw an ad on Facebook for Royal Nuts: Canadian peanut-free and gluten-free nuts.

You will have to Google the link yourselves because I cannot bring myself to do it.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2016, 12:38:49 PM »
I just saw an ad on Facebook for Royal Nuts: Canadian peanut-free and gluten-free nuts.

You will have to Google the link yourselves because I cannot bring myself to do it.

They've posted several links in this thread.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline Ciel

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
Royal Nuts are fairly easy to find in my local Loblaws. They are peanut free but may contain other tree nuts. When I contacted them they seem to have a blanket response about not being able to guarantee no specific tree nut contamination, which was expected. But if they were able to be more specific about which tree nuts is may contain it would probably open up some options. Oh well. I know this thread is only for peanut free tree nuts, but many are allergic to both so just wanted to mention.

ELAN Organics doesn't seem to offer any peanut products so I sent them a message asking if there are ever peanuts in the facility. They will be the same scenario re: "may contain other tree nuts" but might be a good option for those that are only peanut-allergic. I'll post when I hear back from them. Their products are available on Amazon. I'm hoping to do food challenges when I see my new allergist and hopefully open up some tree nut options.

Macabre, I was think of you when I saw their pecans. You guys are safe with all tree nuts, right? Maybe the ELAN ones will work for you.

Offline Linden

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
Quick update on Big Tree Organics.  The Big Tree Organic FAQ on their Web site says:

Q: Are Big Tree Organic Farms almonds processed with other nuts?
A: Our whole natural almonds processing facility is an “Almonds Only” facility. Our manufactured products (almond butter and almond meals) are also typically processed in an “Almonds Only” facility. We do have an alternate facility that sometimes processes for us; this facility also processes other nut products. This alternate facility was selected because of their commitment to high standards for food safety and allergen controls.

Note that it isn't stated whether the "other nut products" are other tree nuts, peanuts or both.
DS TNA/EA, avocado, environmentals, asthma

Offline ajasfolks2

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Firebird
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »
Possible non-XContam Hazelnuts

Honor Earth Farm
Eugene Oregon

Linda Perrine
 Honor Earth Farm
 Eugene, OR
 541-525-1256

http://www.honorearthfarm.com/
Is this where I blame iPhone and cuss like an old fighter pilot's wife?

**(&%@@&%$^%$#^%$#$*&      LOL!!