FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Arby's  (Read 5984 times)

Description:

Offline SweetandSour

Arby's
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:06:08 PM »
Anyone do Arby's? Ours has a bakery thing attached, but another one close by does not have the baked stuff. The allergy chart looks ok,but wanted to ask here.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Jessica

Re: Arby's
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 04:51:19 PM »
The arby's here has market fresh salads and sandwiches, all of which contain pecans. When I asked a few years ago, they did nothing at all to avoid cross contamination. Last time I checked they still have the items but I haven't asked since then about whether they do anything to avoid cross contamination now. We just avoid it.

It stinks because one of the towns we go to for the kids' activities has no safe food places at all. Only McDonalds (with Reese's mcflurries), Pizza Hut and Arby's.  And we are there at lunchtime so it would be nice for them to have something safe.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
hmm looking at the current info maybe they've discontinued the pecans. I'll have to call them again. I think it's been maybe a year or so since I last checked.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline Jessica

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:17 PM »
OK me again. I called the local Arby's and spoke with a manager. She told me the pecans are only included in the summer as a promotion. She said that they use a separate area, knife and gloves for preparing the items with nuts. Not sure if I'm 100% confident but now I'm wondering if others go to Arby's without any problems.

eta: I emailed arby's to see if they'll be back next summer. I worry that even if they're only around certain times of the year, some areas of the restaurant may be inadvertently cross contaminated.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:08:34 PM by Jessica »
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
Let me know! And thanks for emailing and calling. I will call the one without the baked stuff.

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »
We do.  PA only.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 02:57:08 AM »
AGH! This is so typical-it's obvious they don't read their emails. i got this:

Thank you for your comments. We will forward your comments to our Menu and Product Development team for future consideration. Our customer’s input and comments are always welcome and very important to us. We use this information to guide the decisions we make about our brand and our products.

Sincerely,

Arby’s Customer Relations

for the record...I didn't submit input or comments. I asked a very specific question.

Also, dd doesn't want to try Arby's now. She's not comfortable with it. Does anyone else have this experience with their kids when an unsafe place becomes supposedly safe again?
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 06:39:10 AM »
AGH! This is so typical-it's obvious they don't read their emails. i got this:

Thank you for your comments. We will forward your comments to our Menu and Product Development team for future consideration. Our customer’s input and comments are always welcome and very important to us. We use this information to guide the decisions we make about our brand and our products.

Sincerely,

Arby’s Customer Relations

for the record...I didn't submit input or comments. I asked a very specific question.

Also, dd doesn't want to try Arby's now. She's not comfortable with it. Does anyone else have this experience with their kids when an unsafe place becomes supposedly safe again?

Bolded sentence is quite obviously true  ~)
USA

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 05:23:58 PM »

I have issues with it. It took me a bit to try McDonalds after the reese's stuff went away.

U.S.A.

~George Carlin

Offline Jessica

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
See, that's what confuses me. When our mcd's quit having them, dd was fine with going there (now they are back). I guess she just goes through phases. It's not a big deal-I can just save Arby's for when we are picking up food to take home and when we want to eat in, we'll go to one of the others. It would have been nice for when we're in the town that only has Arby's though.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline HJK

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 06:37:01 AM »
Any current thoughts on Arby's?
DS allergic to peanuts

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 09:45:54 AM »
It's probably been 1-2 years since I've had Arby's, but it has never been a problem for me over the 30 or so total years I've been occasionally eating it.

http://cds.arbys.com/pdfs/nutrition/USNutrtnl_Allrgn.pdf
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.