FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Traveling & Restaurants

Arby's

(1/3) > >>

SweetandSour:
Anyone do Arby's? Ours has a bakery thing attached, but another one close by does not have the baked stuff. The allergy chart looks ok,but wanted to ask here.

Jessica:
The arby's here has market fresh salads and sandwiches, all of which contain pecans. When I asked a few years ago, they did nothing at all to avoid cross contamination. Last time I checked they still have the items but I haven't asked since then about whether they do anything to avoid cross contamination now. We just avoid it.

It stinks because one of the towns we go to for the kids' activities has no safe food places at all. Only McDonalds (with Reese's mcflurries), Pizza Hut and Arby's.  And we are there at lunchtime so it would be nice for them to have something safe.

Jessica:
hmm looking at the current info maybe they've discontinued the pecans. I'll have to call them again. I think it's been maybe a year or so since I last checked.

Jessica:
OK me again. I called the local Arby's and spoke with a manager. She told me the pecans are only included in the summer as a promotion. She said that they use a separate area, knife and gloves for preparing the items with nuts. Not sure if I'm 100% confident but now I'm wondering if others go to Arby's without any problems.

eta: I emailed arby's to see if they'll be back next summer. I worry that even if they're only around certain times of the year, some areas of the restaurant may be inadvertently cross contaminated.

SweetandSour:
Let me know! And thanks for emailing and calling. I will call the one without the baked stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version