FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: olive garden  (Read 8393 times)

Description:

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
olive garden
« on: November 03, 2011, 01:51:41 PM »
after researching their site online and it only showed a few desserts that were may contain we decided to use a gift card we've had for a long time. talked to the manager and he confirmed it. forgot how yummy their bread and salads oh and strawberry daiq. are.
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Offline hedgehog

Re: olive garden
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 05:44:08 AM »
WE go there a lot.  Not my favorite as far as quality of the food, but for DS's safety, and a place that the family agrees on, it's great.  And we love that DS gets "dessert" (the mints are Andes).
USA

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:25:04 PM »
The breadsticks are coprocessed. Last time I ate there, I was pretty much stuck with a plain salad, no dressing.
The 3 is silent.

Offline livingnutfree

• AKA newbienutfreemomma
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
Ra3eal what do you mean by coprocessed
Mom to 3 kiddos
ds1 nkfa
ds2 nkfa
dd   7 yr diagnosed with pn/tn allergy at age 6.

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 12:05:03 PM »
May-contain--processed on shared lines or in shared facilities. I didn't see the box, but the manager said it had a warning. This would've been this past March or April, in the Pacific Northwest.

Olive Garden has a history of being REALLY hit-and-miss on allergy stuff--I know they've had at least one seafood-realted fatality--and the two times I've been there in the last several years, I've gotten wildly inconsistent info.
The 3 is silent.

Offline Carefulmom

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »
I had heard good things about Olive Garden from an allergy standpoint, but when I went there recently for the first time since dd`s dx, my noodle pasta was cross contaminated with another kind of pasta.  I had one kind of noodle and found one stray noodle of a different type in there.  It may be that the two pastas had the same ingredients and were just a different shape from one another, but I can`t assume that.  Based on that, I don`t think I would let dd try it.  I`m just not sure how cross contamination aware they are.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 05:56:44 AM »
It's been fine for DS pa. But I had a shellfish rxn there last spring. And with sesame I can't eat any bread there (par for the course at restaurants) and have to make sure they don't put croutons in my salad.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26:19 AM »
We eat there, but I am only pn/tn with a few odds and ends. I wouldn't go if I had soy, dairy,etc.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »
DD and I neither one can eat there safely(SFA, egg)-- don't know about "only" PA, but DH has never had any trouble with walnuts and he and I had eaten there quite a few times over the years (until I developed a SFA).

There are probably a lot of safe options for PA/TNA people, though as Ra3chel notes, anyplace that gives such radically inconsistent information out is automatically somewhat suspect IMO...

It seems to be HIGHLY location-specific.

Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Arkadia

• BANNED
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:20:09 AM »
Olive Garden is to Italian food what Red Lobster is to seafood. Barely nose above water next to Wag's and Denny's. Over priced, Over processed, and Over advertised.

I forgot "Overstimulating". I can't hear myself think in the place.
just tell me: "Hey, a***ole, you hurt my feelings!"

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:57:03 AM »

It seems to be HIGHLY location-specific.

This. Mine knows me. They know my allergies. Would I go to one in a different location? I don't know.
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline lilpig99

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
I had heard good things about Olive Garden from an allergy standpoint, but when I went there recently for the first time since dd`s dx, my noodle pasta was cross contaminated with another kind of pasta.  I had one kind of noodle and found one stray noodle of a different type in there.  It may be that the two pastas had the same ingredients and were just a different shape from one another, but I can`t assume that.  Based on that, I don`t think I would let dd try it.  I`m just not sure how cross contamination aware they are.

Same stray noodles at Noodles & Co.