login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: peanut free advent calendar  (Read 13669 times)

Description: Canada

Offline candyguru

Re: peanut free advent calendar
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »
does anyone else think the chocolate in most advent calendars tastes pretty nasty? Yuck  :disappointed:

But of course, my MIL still buys them for the boys..... one of whom doesn't even EAT chocolate (unless it's on a reeses cup! lol)

The Les Chocolates Vadeboncoeur brand advent calendar at Shopper`s should be different as they make good tasting chocolate!!  :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline maeve

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 10:15:47 PM »
I just ordered out Guardian Angel advent calendar yesterday.  DD is excited.

The calendar arrived today from Peanut Free Planet.  That was quick.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline QsMommy

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »

[/quote]

I noticed today that Shopper`s has two peanut-free advent calendars!

1)  Les Chocolates Vadeboncoeur brand

2) Life brand

So two choices! :)
[/quote]

Darn, I bought the Life brand.  Hope it is as tasty as the Les Chocolate Vadeboncoeur brand!

Ali
Canada

Offline 2boyz4me

• I Can Has Autism
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 11:22:29 AM »
does anyone else think the chocolate in most advent calendars tastes pretty nasty? Yuck  :disappointed:

But of course, my MIL still buys them for the boys..... one of whom doesn't even EAT chocolate (unless it's on a reeses cup! lol)

The Les Chocolates Vadeboncoeur brand advent calendar at Shopper`s should be different as they make good tasting chocolate!!  :)

But we're not canadian and don't have access to that brand I don't think? (I don't want it for allergen reasons but I DO find the chocolate SO gross in most of them). Is there a place to order that brand online?
Jenn
Ashton (15) & Holden (12)
Both have env. allergies & H has LFTA to shrimp & sesame ......

Offline candyguru

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »

I am not sure if it can be ordered on-line..  you could check at their website (sorry I didn't have time to check, 2 kids climbing all over me now)

The peanut-free logo is on it

http://www.vadeboncoeurchocolate.com/societe.html
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould

Offline Jessica

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »

But we're not canadian and don't have access to that brand I don't think? (I don't want it for allergen reasons but I DO find the chocolate SO gross in most of them). Is there a place to order that brand online?
Sometimes Peanut Free Planet can get things like that. They do carry that brand sometimes so I would email and ask them.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Feemoi

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »
Hi there,

Can you please tell me which Shopper's location you saw the Vadeboncoeur ones?  I have called about a dozen SDM and can't find them.

Thanks!

I noticed today that Shopper`s has two peanut-free advent calendars!

1)  Les Chocolates Vadeboncoeur brand

2) Life brand

So two choices! :)
[/quote]

Darn, I bought the Life brand.  Hope it is as tasty as the Les Chocolate Vadeboncoeur brand!

Ali
[/quote]

Offline candyguru

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 05:03:49 PM »

I found it at the Shoppers by the Bloor-Yonge subway station next to the Bay.  I will check tomorrow and see if they have any in stock and post here tomorrow night to let you know :)

feemoi

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »
Thanks for your help!

Feemoi

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »
Hi there,

I actually managed to find them at a Shoppers by my workplace in Mississauga.  If anyone's interested the price for these are $5.99 and there are only 24 days on the calendars. 

I found it at the Shoppers by the Bloor-Yonge subway station next to the Bay.  I will check tomorrow and see if they have any in stock and post here tomorrow night to let you know :)

Offline candyguru

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 07:37:28 PM »
Hi there,

I actually managed to find them at a Shoppers by my workplace in Mississauga.  If anyone's interested the price for these are $5.99 and there are only 24 days on the calendars. 

Glad you found them! :)