login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Planning Disney Vacation  (Read 14357 times)

Description:

Offline SweetandSour

Re: Planning Disney Vacation
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
We went overnight since it's close to us now. We got our annual passes while we were at it. But we ate at Raglan Road (downtown), Crystal Palace for breakfast, and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner(both mk ) Wonderful allergy management on such short notice
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »
At MCO if you are flying US Air, there is a Fiod court that has a Qdoba and a Wendy's at the end if the train that takes you to/from the main terminal for gates 50+.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline SkyRibbons

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 07:24:37 PM »
We're going in 6 weeks!  The most exciting part for me is that we are going out for dinner Every Night.  I don't have to cook.  This will be my daughter's first time on a plane too.  She says she's nervous.  This is the same kid who rides every roller coaster at Six Flags.

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 11:45:08 AM »
We just booked for the food and wine festival!!! So excited!

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline SkyRibbons

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »
Fantastic trip!  I want to go back.  As far as restaurants, the chefs came out and spoke to us at almost every restaurant.  They had the allergy noted in the computer when we checked in.  Basically, we had to avoid anything from the bakery, which includes bread and most desserts.  In a few restaurants, their desserts were made on premises, and the chef told us which ones were safe.

At the counter service places, they had the "book" of ingredients right at the cash registers.  Often a manager would come up and place the order for us.  Nobody had an attitude about it at all.

We only at at Disney-owned restaurants.  Some of the places in Downtown Disney are not owned by Disney, so I didn't want to take a chance. 

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »
I forgot to add in our experience at food and wine...it was amazing.  We ate at alkost every spot. We had chefs and managers that gave us a rundown on what was safe or not. Fantastic as usual.

U.S.A.

~George Carlin

twinturbo

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 02:12:58 PM »
Overall it sounds like a great move for you guys! That's terrific to hear.  :)

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 10:52:54 PM »
Overall it sounds like a great move for you guys! That's terrific to hear.  :)

Thank you! It has been fantastic! We love the area we are in, and we are having a blast being "tourists".

U.S.A.

~George Carlin

twinturbo

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
bumping for myself.

Any more Legoland experiences in Florida? I think I'm taking DS1 for his birthday a combo LL/Disney trip we'll meet with a grandpa and a family friend.

Offline SweetandSour

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 11:00:54 PM »
If you go to LL website you can look at allergy info for the restaurants.

U.S.A.

~George Carlin

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 06:03:13 AM »
Have never been to Legoland in FL, but went many times to te one in SAn Diego.  They are excellent with allergen info.
USA

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 11:52:43 AM »
FYI - Babycakes USA, in Downtown Disney (Walt Disney World) will be closing as of 19 March 2014 due to construction in the area.  No word yet on when or whether they will be reopening.  They will continue to supply their bakery items to select WDW food courts and restaurants.

http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/03/05/pollo-camperobabycakes-nyc-close-walt-disney-worlds-downtown-disney/
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 01:47:33 PM »
Has anyone stayed in at a hilton hotel near Disney World?  We are thinking about using Hilton points to make it more affordable.  Thoughts?  Some look like they have a transportation to the parks.  Need to do some research.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 03:18:25 PM »
Hmmm, trying to think whether it was a Hilton we stayed at last year.  I know it was that or Marriott.  And whichever it was, I am pretty sure the other was right by where we stayed.  About five hotels in the same area.  It was right across the street from Downtown. After maneuvering sidewalks and crossing the street, it as about five minutes walk to get into Downtown, but from there it could be ten to fifteen to get to the particular part of Downtown we were heading for. 

The busses to the parks were good.  They came every half hour.  All the hotels in that little area shared a bus.  We were at the last one the bus stopped at.  Often the bus was full before it got to us.  When that happened they sent a backup bus.  It took a few minutes longer, but only a few, and we had the bus pretty much to ourselves.  Last time we stayed off property (years ago)that was not the case.  If you could not get on the bus, you were SOL, and had to wait for the next one, which was also likely to be full. 

Walking in the opposite direction from DT, there were shops and restaurants, not Disney affiliated, about a mile away. 

It actually was almost as convenient as staying on property.  The biggest difference was brand new our last visit.  The FastPass plus system allows you to pick times 60 days before if you are on property, only 30 days before if you are off property.  And when I went on the first day I could, I found some attractions had no fastpasses left. 
USA

Offline spacecanada

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 04:50:36 PM »
Not related to Hilton, but Erin McKenna's Bakery (formerly Babycakes) is now open in Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) and has been for a while.  They use Bob's Red Mill flour in all their baked goods and coconut in some; it's a personal call on tree nut cross contamination on both accounts there.  I've been told they have some top-8-free ice creams made on site, though I didn't see it on the menu when we were there in October.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum