imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: PLEASE READ  (Read 6896 times)

Description:

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
PLEASE READ
« on: January 03, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
If you have experienced any of the following:

When attempting to log in, it intermittently fails the first time, with the error "Password incorrect" even though you're sure that you entered the correct password, but your login is always successful the second time.

When attempting to post, you intermittently get a message that your session has timed with the error "The following error or errors occurred while posting this message.  Your session timed out while posting.  Please try to re-submit your message." even though you're sure you shouldn't be timing out.

When attempting to log out, you get the error message "Session verification failed".

There is a bug in our software that is triggered by the php version our server is using.  So, I found a workaround and have modified the code. 

Any affected user needs to clear your browser's cookies. You will then be prompted to log in again, and it should be fine after that.  :crossed:

Since I haven't had any issues, if you've had symptoms please respond to this thread and let me know if the fix worked!
TX USA

Offline GoingNuts

Re: PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »
I have no idea how to clear my cookies. :hiding:

I'll have to consult my "in-house tech support" (that would be my sons) to find out how. 

Thanks!
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:51 PM »
But what about how to toss your cookies GN?

;D

Thanks R. I'll try that.  I was still having problems this evening but haven't cleared my cookies and hadn't logged out.
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »
Testing.

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:54 PM »
Woohooo!!!!!

Thanks!!

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »
 :thumbsup:
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
Still no luck.  I'm guessing it's my carrier.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.
N.E. US

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
Okay, having a horrid problem. So the other day when I cleared my cookies, i lost my login info (this is on my iPhone).  Or before clearing cookies I logged out.  Whatever.

Now I cannot stay logged in on my iPhone for more than 5 minutes.  If I log in and then go post, I often have to log in again before I can post.  I always check to stay log in forever.  And I've done it both ways--the quick login and the other form.  And neither work.

If I'm logged in when I minimize the window the boards are open in and come back later, I have to log in again.

Driving.me.crazy.

The FAS gods do not want me around it seems.  Ugh.

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 08:54:20 AM »
GN, were you able to clear your cookies and your browser cache?

McC & GN, sorry you're still having trouble.  I've emptied the file cache here on the board to see if that helps!
TX USA

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »
Yea! I cleared my cache after you did that and it seems to have done the trick. Whew! Thank you. How you have time to deal with silly things like this with all you do amazes me.

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 06:35:37 AM »
Cleared the cookies and the browser cache - it still tells me my User Name doesn't exist.  Maybe I need to create a different user name for the iPad?
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »
You shouldn't have to... Let me keep digging and see if I can find anything else to try.

Do you log out and back in on your computer or have you always stayed logged on?  Have you ever been able to log in with your iPad?

One last thought (okay, thoughts) - when you're logging in with your iPad are you making sure the capitalization in your username and/or password is correct?  What about auto correct - is it messing with your login?  Normally when a user tries to log in, but can't for some reason, it gets reported in the error log, but I'm not seeing anything there.  When you try to log in with your iPad are you on wifi?  If so, are you at a location where you've been able to get on with a computer?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:45:53 AM by rebekahc »
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »
I stay logged in on my computer forever.  Should I try logging out to see if that helps?

Yes, on WiFi, computers work just fine from that location, and capitalization is definitely correct.

I don't know if this is normal or not, but it doesn't take me to the regular log in page, it takes me to something called "maintenance mode".  ???

Don't kill yourself over it; not having access via iPad isn't the end of the world!
N.E. US

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »
Hmm...  Well, I checked the error logs for your IP and don't see any errors for it.  I've never seen a maintenance mode page - not sure we even have one?  The only thing I can think is that for some reason the security system built in to our software thinks you're not supposed to be here.  But for that, you should receive an error code.  Can you take a screen shot of the maintenance mode page you're getting and either email it to me or post it here?

I wouldn't suggest logging out since I'm not positive what the source of the problem is - wouldn't want you to not get in from the computer either.

Can you browse the forum as a guest from your iPad?

Are you trying to use www.foodallergysupport.com as the address or foodallergysupport.olicentral.com?  Which ever one you're trying, try the other.  Our domain name is a redirect to here - maybe the glitch is in the redirect or can be worked around using the redirect.

Also, if those still don't work, try typing foodallergysupport.olicentral.com/index.php in the address bar.

One thing I just discovered... If you type www.foodallergysupport.olicentral.com it must do something different because when I just typed it on my computer it took me here, but didn't recognize me - showed me as a guest.  Any of the other ways I mentioned above recognize me, just not if I put www before the olicentral one.  I guess that's something else you could try.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:39:27 AM by rebekahc »
TX - USA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 12:47:29 PM »
Thanks - I was using Olicentral, but I'll try the other one.

Now go do something else - something fun!  ;)
N.E. US