FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Recipes & Cooking

Spaghetti Squash recipes

(1/3) > >>

nameless:
Not sure why - but I've never had spaghetti squash! I roasted some tonight and OMG! I LOVE IT!  I really could just eat it all straight!

Tonight I sauteed up some shallots and garlic in olive oil, then tossed with thyme and parmesan and the squash threads with some parsley. YUMMEH!

I also have a recipe for squash pancakes - little bit of flour, southwest spices - cooked up like a potato pancake. That's tomorrow for lunch.

What are some of your favorite recipes?

Adrienne

hezzier:
I eat it in place of spaghetti noodles with tomato sauce.  The kids still prefer noodles.

I'll be interested in reading some new suggestions.

nameless:
here's the recipe I did tonight, though I winged it some b/c I was making just a bowlful, not a whole recipe.

2 TB olive oil (I didn't use this much at all)
2 shallots, diced small
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp chopped FRESH thyme
6 cups roasted/shredded spaghetti squash
1/4 chopped fresh parsley
2 TB-1/4 cup grated parmesan (I used fresh grated and it was nice and melty)
kosher/sea salt/pepper

Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until soft. Lower heat so you don't toast them. Add spaghetti squash, a little more olive oil to moisten, thyme. Toss/saute until heated through. Toss in parmesan and parsely. Salt and pepper at will.

YUMMEH

becca:
If you like sweet sausage, I just have it with spaghetti sauce with sweet Italian turkry sausage.  I spqeeze the sausage out of the tubes and brown it, then add the sauce.  Lots of fresh grated romano cheese.  The sweetness of the sausage pairs well with the sweetness in the squash, IMO. 

GoingNuts:
I should give it another try.  I love it, but nobody else in the family does.   :disappointed:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version