Do they have 30 business days or 30 calendar days to respond to 504 request?

Started by LianneV, February 28, 2012, 10:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LianneV

So things had been moving on more or less ok.  They voted almost 2 weeks ago to reverse the policy, of course didn't tell the nurse until the following week and won't enforce until they send a letter out which a week later has yet to be sent out.  It's frustrating cause they are moving as slowly as humanly possible.  If there isn't a letter today, I will be emailing again.  Now when I was told of the decision on the 10th of feb, pending the board approval.  At that meeting she told me that they will call me the following week, so the week of the 13th to set up when I can come in to do the 504 plan meeting.  Well it is now the 28th and big shocker nothing.  I assume they think that since they reversed the policy, I'm all happy and will let it go...um no!  So before I email them, do they have 30 business days to respond or 30 calendar days.  If it's calendar they've already violated that cause I handed in the letter to the school and the district office on the 22nd of January.  If I count business days, accounting for days we didn't have school here then it's up to 24.  So what do I say and where do I tell them I'm taking this for them to get their butts in gear, again?

CMdeux

It depends on what THEIR policy says.

Have they provided you with a written copy of their procecural safeguards?  If not-- ask.  Immediately.

(That will also signal that you mean business, and-- surprise-- you aren't going away.  At all.)   :thumbsup:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

rainbow

I think it just needs to be "within a reasonable amount of time". I think the OCR said this is usually something like 30 days. If you call them, they can be more specific...or maybe it's on the OCR website.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Spell the answer to 6 + 7 =:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview