FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: uKnow Peanut Test  (Read 42355 times)

Description: Anyone know what the hype is all about?

Offline Jessica

Re: uKnow Peanut Test
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »
Finally got an appointment with a different allergist. It's 5 days before we leave for vacation so we obviously won't get any information before but at least it's a start.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Lisa

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2012, 03:22:59 PM »
My insurance paid no questions asked for: IMMUNOCAP ISAC by PiRL.  Blood draw was done by archaic finger prick for one full VIAL! at the allergist's office.  I am in Northern Virginia.

Offline TwoDDs

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »
My insurance paid no questions asked for: IMMUNOCAP ISAC by PiRL.  Blood draw was done by archaic finger prick for one full VIAL! at the allergist's office.  I am in Northern Virginia.

Finger prick for a vial - OMG  :misspeak:

Lisa

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »
Yeah, that part was a little ugly, but my boys are all pragmatic and the price of an ice cream cone by far outweighs 15 minutes of torture!  They make cheap dates.  Can't wait to tell my 4 year old who just yesterday was scratch tested and had blood drawn for probably PA that he has to have shots at his four year checkup tomorrow!

Offline Jessica

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 07:11:36 PM »
We went and had our test done today. What a mass of confusion. When I called  I specifically said that the lab and dr here would not do it. So we get there and they have the kits but they don't do blood draws in this office. They arranged it with the nearby hospital lab to do the draw but I was responsible for sending the sample out. Luckily I was able to contact both Fed Ex and Phadia and find a drop box and make sure it was ok for the sample to be left in it on a warm day. However, the doctor seems great and he called in an open refill for epis to walmart-something dd's ped refuses to do. So any time or place we need them we can just call ahead and have the rx transferred and get a refill.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA