login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Biscoff Spread...anyone tried it?  (Read 10387 times)

Description:

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Biscoff Spread...anyone tried it?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
DD likes it on apple slices, too.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 08:52:26 AM »
We finally found a peanut butter that we love through Trader Joe's.  But apparently Trader Joe's also makes a version of Biscoff and now the PB has a warning on it regarding shared lines with wheat.  Grrr. 

Not sure what to do because the last jar didn't have the warning, the new jar does.  But I am guessing they didn't change manufacturing processes in the last month. 

And yes, I should have called but at the same time it's one of those items that you don't think about.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
Ugh-- any chance you could find a local grind-it-on-the-spot place in a health food store?    Not the same, I know.  I'm a fan of creamy, myself, and the insta-grind stuff always seems to wind up a little grainy for my taste.   :-/

Western U.S.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
We can make due with what is readily available in the grocery store and have in the last week because I haven't been able to make it to TJ's.  We liked the fact that this one didn't have palm oil though.  I am pretty sure if I searched in the grocery store I could find one sans palm oil and junk fillers.

DS1 who abhored peanut butter for years absolutely adores it now and would gladly eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner unless I am making spaghetti.  It does make for a fun lunch making time - PB&J on rice bread for DS1, PB&J on wheat bread for DD and Sunbutter and jelly on wheat bread for DS2.  Which is why I ask for complete silence and have to have three counters cleaned off to make lunch.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline fluffy

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
oooh, we found some of this today at Wal-Mart by the Wowbutter. 

Oh my.  It's freakishly good.  FREAKISHLY good. 

We're all dreaming up different ways to use it.  Pretzels???  Bagels??  Apple slices??  Honestly, I foresee most of it going being eaten straight out of the jar with a spoon.

Have I mentioned how FREAKISHLY GOOD this is???

(not at all healthy though.)

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 04:37:35 PM »
That's precisely how my DD feels about the stuff.  LOL.  I had to wait until the second jar to even get to TRY any of it, and I still can't quite figure out why she thinks it's so terrific. 

She's a bit obsessed, in fact.  Any mention of the store which carries it is followed by a perky, pleading... "MMMMmmm... Biscofffff spread??  Puhleeeeeeeez?"

Western U.S.

Offline MaryM

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
We tried it!  It's good but I'm not sure how we'd use it.  As of now it's a special treat to have a spoonful!   It might be good on a cupcake...

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 02:05:55 PM »
Found it yesterday and decided to give it a try.  Just tasted it on a banana.  Good, but I prefer Sunbutter or soynut butter on it.  It is tastey but not a PB sub IMO.  More of a dessert item.  Dd loves it, which is good.  She is enjoying it with saltines, and right now, dipping pretzel goldfish in it.  Ds refuses to try it, lol.  "looks gross" according to him. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:07:44 PM by becca »
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 12:23:27 PM »
Finally bought a jar...oh boy it could be very dangerous.  So far best on apple slices.  Tried it on graham crackers but the graham flavor hides the biscoff flavor.

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2012, 08:21:45 PM »
It's good on Biscoff cookies!  I found both today at Walmart.  Thanks, guys, for the idea!

Offline nameless

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
oh yeah, I mean -- I don't know how people think it's a PB substitute, it's only the color and consistency that is the same.

IT'S FR---ING CRUSHED UP COOKIES!

I put some on a crepe last night that also had super dark chocolate swirls in it from melted 80% cacoa bars. I think I can only have the Biscoff spread with super dark chocolate...it's so sweet!

Adrienne
40+ years dealing with:
Allergies: peanut, most treenuts, shrimp
New England