imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Egg-Free Cheesecake?  (Read 24902 times)

Description:

Offline Janelle205

Egg-Free Cheesecake?
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
I'm looking for an egg-free cheesecake recipe.  I can use egg replacer, but I used to work with a woman who made a really good cheesecake (a caramel pecan one, but I'm open to pretty much any non-chocolate & non allergen flavor), and her recipe didn't have eggs at all.  Thought that someone here might have a good recipe.

Why?  Because I'm going to have a wedding cheesecake.  I kind of like this 'just us' wedding thing.  I don't have to worry about getting a caterer to make safe foods - I just make whatever I want.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
Re: Egg-Free Cheesecake?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:50:31 PM »
I did a google search for caramel pecan cheesecake recipe -eggs and found this...

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-caramel-pecan-cheesecake-53572.aspx

The Jell-o no bake cheesecake mix the recipe calls for doesn't contain eggs, either.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »
I've made an eggless recipe from the old site.  I recall CM saying there are some possible virus issues so I am going to copy and paste the recipe here instead of a link, thankfully I have it saved on my computer.  And I can't remember who the original OP was in order to give them credit.

Here it is:

Me again!  I've tweaked this recipe even more over the past year. It turns out great without the egg replacer. And I've consolidated some of the steps. I have to make it for every occasion now!

Eggless Junior’s Cheesecake

Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted

Filling:
4 8-ounce packages cream cheese (not light), at room temperature
1 2/3 cups sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch + about 2 tbsp more
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

For the Crust:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Pour the crumbs into a springform pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.

For the Filling:

1. Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy.

2. Add sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Beat on low, carefully (due to the cornstarch). Beat until creamy.

3. Blend in heavy cream. At this point mix the filling only until blended (just like they do at Junior's). Be careful not to over mix the batter.

5. Gently spoon the cheese filling on top of prepared crust. Bake cheesecake until center barely jiggles when you shake the pan, about 1 hour or so. (1 hr. 15 min in my oven)

6. Turn off oven. Open door slightly. Let cake cool in the oven.

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
Thank you both!  Hezzier, I think that I'll be giving yours a try - I'm looking for a more dense, traditional cheesecake texture that I don't think that the Jello recipe will give me.

Offline hedgehog

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:22:51 AM »
This is a recipe for cherry cheesecake, but since the cherry topping is added at the end, it is optional.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cherry-cheesecake/detail.aspx
USA

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »
Hezzier, the cheesecake was delicious.  It was super easy to mix up, even with a broken foot, and we really enjoyed it.  Definitely very rich, so small pieces were a necessity, but we fully enjoyed it.

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:08:41 PM »
Glad you liked it!  I really wish I knew who the original poster was in order to give them credit.  I 'm sure they worked very hard on getting this recipe just right.

Offline Mfamom

• Global Moderator
  • Committee Member Hermes
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »
Thank you both!  Hezzier, I think that I'll be giving yours a try - I'm looking for a more dense, traditional cheesecake texture that I don't think that the Jello recipe will give me.

I love cheesecake!!  I also prefer a dense cheesecake.  I don't like whippy ones either.  LOL
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »
Glad you liked it!  I really wish I knew who the original poster was in order to give them credit.  I 'm sure they worked very hard on getting this recipe just right.

I'm thinking that this may have been Mookie or Hedgie?  Might be one of our vegetarian/vegan members. 

It's really good.   :heart:  Cheesecake.  DD always wants this for her birthday now.  She avoids dairy for about a week before hand to 'budget' enough for it.  LOL!
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline maeve

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
Hezzier,
I'm going to have to try that recipe.  I'll have to save all my weekly WW points in order to indulge in it but I think it will be worth it.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline Janelle205

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
Hezzier,
I'm going to have to try that recipe.  I'll have to save all my weekly WW points in order to indulge in it but I think it will be worth it.

Totally, totally worth it.  So easy and SOOOOOO delicious.