FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Discussion Boards > Main Discussion Board

I'm working on an advocacy tool

(1/7) > >>

Hermes:
http://allergy.hyperboards.com/action/view_topic/topic_id/18034

admin rebekahc:
Momcat
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:11:44 

My idea is to emphasize that schools must meet a food allergic student's basic needs before the student can concentrate on learning.

Comments?  Suggestions?  Ideas?  This is my first draft, and I'd like to make a polished version to share.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

DD12 allergies: peanuts
DS8 allergies: eggs

admin rebekahc:
McCobbre
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:19:49 

Oooh-- I like it!! I need a bit of time to reflect in order to make suggestions, but my initial impression is that it's a great idea and in pretty good shape already.   

"Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic. They are potent forms of enchantment, rich with the power to hurt or heal."~Albus Dumbledore
Me: shellfish, chamomile, sesame and a few odds & ends
DS: peanuts 

admin rebekahc:
Arkadia
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:23:43       

Oooo. Squeel!!! This is so such a parallel to how the nursing field would manage it!! And to think how many folks here said I was way off in my comparison to maslow (and piaget). Oh and erikson, too.   

"We're going to make everyone get along whether they like it or not."

~Oldest son, age 16, upon being asked what most typifies his generation. 

admin rebekahc:
GingerPye
Posted: 02.09.2011 at 09:28:35       

Squeal! is right  I was just thinking tonight of what I could give to my DS's student teacher about food in the classroom.

The one who keeps using food in her lessons . . . . 

Something like this would be perfect.   

DD, 15 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema
DS, 12 - MA/EA/PA/env./asthma
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version