login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Need a Baked Egg Recipe & Advice  (Read 2753 times)

Description:

Thanks4Help

Need a Baked Egg Recipe & Advice
« on: April 12, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
Looking for a recipe to do a baked egg challenge that does not use a box mix.  She has other allergies so I want to make it from scratch so I can control all the other ingredients.  The allergist gave no direction on this other than to bring in baked cake.  All the recipes I regularly use are dairy and egg free so I assume I can't just add in an egg to make it work. 

Any challenge advice

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Need a Baked Egg Recipe & Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »
My advice is to record PRECISELY what you ordinarily do, make some of that (maybe as cupcakes?)

and to then substitute in ONE EGG for one of the equivalents of egg in that recipe.  (For us, that is a tub of babyfood fruit, usually, so the conversion was quite straightforward.  I just omitted the tub of baby food and put in an egg.)

HTH.

As long as you record EVERYTHING very carefully so that the doc knows what s/he's offering your child and how much egg is in it, everything should be good. 

Good luck!!  :crossed:
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline AllergyMum

Re: Need a Baked Egg Recipe & Advice
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »
See bumped thread for recipe from the old board

New here-Baked Egg Challenge Recipe from Mt. Sinai
DS - Dairy, Egg, PN, TN, Drug allergies
Canada