FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Union Station, Washington, DC  (Read 2558 times)

Description: Where to eat?

Offline CookingMom

Union Station, Washington, DC
« on: April 23, 2012, 05:21:45 AM »
Next month, DS will be going on a 8th-grade field trip which includes stopping at Union Station to eat.  It has been years (pre-DS!) since I've been to Union Station so I don't know what's there.  I did look on-line but would appreciate it if someone who has been there recently could tell me what's safe to eat--Peanut/Tree nuts/Chickpea allergies.  Thanks!
DS - PA, TNA, chick peas (outgrew sesame seeds)
U.S.A.

Offline maeve

Re: Union Station, Washington, DC
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 05:02:03 PM »
I'm only dealing with peanut, tree nut and egg with my DD so I cannot speak to chickpea.  There's a McDonald's on the upper level by the gates to board trains.  There's a Flamer's burger stand down in the food court; however, I think we didn't eat at that one despite eating at Flamer's at our local mall.  I think we've only let DD have McD's.  Having an egg allergy limits a lot of places, especially deli stands.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline CookingMom

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:36:25 AM »
Does't McD's have peanuty-things?  I've never let DS eat at McD's.
U.S.A.

allerav

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »
I believe there is a Chipotle, it is out of the way near the front entrance.

Offline maeve

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
CookingMom,
The peanuts for sundaes are in separate bags.  I think it's the same with their other nut-containing items (a salad and oatmeal). 

The Chipotle must be new. 

USA-Virginia

Offline CookingMom

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 06:13:21 PM »
Thanks, maeve...I may take DS to McD's but not on a field trip for the first time.

Flamer's looks good, I think--never been there but DS might try it.  He's such a picky eater although he's getting better.

On-line, it mentions a Taco Bell at Union Station.  Does anyone know for sure?  Taco Bell is certainly not my favorite place but DS will eat tacos 24/7.  ~) 
U.S.A.

Offline maeve

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 08:18:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the Taco Bell is in the food court on the lower level, which is where Flamers is located.  DD usually gets a beef hot dog and fries at the Flamers at our local mall. 

USA-Virginia

Offline CookingMom

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »
Thank you.  DS will be one happy kid not to have to be the only one to bring a bag lunch.  I did tell him I'd give him some type of snack he could put in his pocket...just in case...but I'm sure between a taco and a hot dog, he'll do fine.
U.S.A.