login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: The vegg  (Read 3519 times)

Description: Have you seen it/ tried it?

Offline MandCmama

The vegg
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:25:25 AM »
I saw this on the FB page of one of the allergy groups. It looks interesting.... Would love to have another breakfast protein source ( this can be scrambled(with tofu)). It's not available within 2 hrs of me, but I emailed Rocky and it can be shipped to me from a Heath food store in Maryland.  The product is $8 and so is shipping.  Go to thevegg.com to see a demo.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#1 (Born 11/2006)- allergic to peanuts and tree nuts
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

Offline Mookie86

Re: The vegg
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:34:50 AM »
Interesting product!  I may try it.

You probably could order from Pangea for lower shipping costs.  I've ordered from them before.

Offline tnmom

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
I saw this!  I wondered if you could bake with it and if it would make the texture of cakes and cookies seem more like normal cakes and cookies.  We would love to try it, but it's nowhere near us either.

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »
If you're on Facebook, "like" it.  Rocky does experiments with it (I'm assuming this is the creator?)...For example, 2 days ago he mixed up the whole package and then froze it to see if it would retain it's texture and consistency (it did with re blending)...there is also an address to email him.  He got back to me within a few hours when I emailed him.
Pennsylvania, USA
DS#2 (Born 3/2009)- allergic to egg, peanuts, and tree nuts (and Penicillin as of ‘18)

allerav

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
We ordered this.  It was great for french toast (considering we had not had it in 6.5 years).  Baking, however, did not work well for us and you could taste the distinctive taste of the vegg in the finished product.  Still so great to have the option.

Offline MandCmama

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »
Have you tried scrambling it with tofu? That's the option I'm dying to try! I see he's trying to get a tofu manufacture to package their tofu infused with vegg....
Pennsylvania, USA