FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Van Gogh Vodka  (Read 3378 times)

Description: PB flavor

Offline starlight

Van Gogh Vodka
« on: April 27, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »
Van Gogh Vodka just came out with a PB&J flavor, so I emailed and asked if they take steps to prevent cross contamination and if there are actual peanuts in it. Here's the (incredibly percise) answer:

Good afternoon,

I have asked your question to our master distiller in Holland, and he had this to say:

To prevent contamination of one flavor with the other we use separate tanks for each flavor and we clean our bottling pipes and bottling machine before bottling a new flavor.

As for our PB&J vodka, it is infused with natural and artificially flavors, and contains 2 1/2 parts per million of peanuts and almonds. Please consult a medical professional to check your tolerance level. 

So, shared but cleaned lines. I love that they knew exactly how much peanut is in it and divulged that there's also almond in it even though I didn't ask about tree nuts. Now, if only alcohol manufacturers would just get on the labelling bandwagon...

Offline SweetandSour

Re: Van Gogh Vodka
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »
I feel ok about shared lines with alcohol because to get the exact flavors, those lines have to be spotless. Thanks for sharing, I was wondering about that!
Allergic to: Peanuts, Tree nuts, Mango, Robitussin, Acetaminophen

U.S.A.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
~George Carlin

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »
Hmmm.  I would never think PB&J vodka would be good. 

I would go for the Grey Goose.  But, i don't do hard liquor anymore. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline Ra3chel

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:32:09 PM »
Van Gogh Vodka just came out with a PB&J flavor, so I emailed and asked if they take steps to prevent cross contamination and if there are actual peanuts in it. Here's the (incredibly percise) answer:

Good afternoon,

I have asked your question to our master distiller in Holland, and he had this to say:

To prevent contamination of one flavor with the other we use separate tanks for each flavor and we clean our bottling pipes and bottling machine before bottling a new flavor.

As for our PB&J vodka, it is infused with natural and artificially flavors, and contains 2 1/2 parts per million of peanuts and almonds. Please consult a medical professional to check your tolerance level. 

So, shared but cleaned lines. I love that they knew exactly how much peanut is in it and divulged that there's also almond in it even though I didn't ask about tree nuts. Now, if only alcohol manufacturers would just get on the labelling bandwagon...

:yes:

Maybe also cross-post this to the Adults subboard?
The 3 is silent.