login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Anyone experience back pain from Allergic reaction?  (Read 25175 times)

Description:

Offline spacecanada

Re: Anyone experience back pain from Allergic reaction?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 11:00:33 AM »
I hate to be the bearer of this news, but there is no such thing as a hypoallergenic cat (or dog for that matter).  If a cat has skin, it has dander, and dander is the most common cat allergen.  Saliva is another common cat allergen, and all cats have that too. 

If you are allergic to the cat you can either take daily antihistamines (such as Reactine, Aerius, etc.) and see if you can tolerate it or find another home for the cat.  Reputable animal shelters and breeders will take their animals back.

You may want to see an allergist to confirm a cat allergy (via testing) and set up a treatment protocol.

Otherwise, back pain itself is not a symptom of allergic reaction.
ANA peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, potato, sorghum

mel odell

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 05:21:33 PM »
What

Niki

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 05:51:38 AM »
I found an article saying that food allergies can trigger kidney pain due to glomerulonephritis.

I cannot post the article, but go to REMOVED and there is an article about it.

This is a spam message masquerading as a legit message.  If anyone is interested in glomerulonephritis, here is an article about it from a reliable source.  It can be related to autoimmune diseases, but no mention of food allergies.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/glomerulonephritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355705
~Admin

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:53:11 AM by admin rebekahc »

Marq

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2024, 05:48:14 PM »
Interestingly enough, my son has a soy allergy (pretty significant) and when he gets sick from allergies, he has SEVERE back pain. Started when he was about 14, he’s 16 now.