FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Cake Boxes  (Read 2165 times)

Description:

Offline evangelin

• New
Cake Boxes
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »
I'm new here and very inexperienced so please forgive me 

My question is I'm making a 1/2 sheet cake and it going to be around 5 inches tall
what kind of box would you use to transport the cake?
Link removed by admin

Offline hedgehog

Re: Cake Boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 06:38:40 AM »
I have a wonderful "cake box" that I use for sheet cakes, and other flat cakes.  It is a rectangular storage box (Rubbermade-type, but I think a different brand).  It is about 12"x18" (approx).  I can put an 11"x17" cake on a cardboard meant for cake on the lid, then put the box over it and snap into place.  (So basically, I am just using the box upside down).  I love it!  I've used it for about 9 years, and do so many more rectangular cakes than I did before I had that box.
USA

Online hezzier

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »
you can buy disposable cake boxes at craft stores, they come in assorted sizes, some have cellophane windows on the top

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »
The OP initially had a link to purchase cake boxes in her siggy. I don't think she's really looking for a answer.
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.