login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Popsicle Brand  (Read 10044 times)

Description: PA/ TNA

Offline HJK

Popsicle Brand
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »
Anyone use the Popsicle brand products from Unilever?

Unilever has so many of the "nut containing frozen treats" that I am nervous to let DS try them.

I thought this topic had been discussed before, but I can't find a thread dedicated to this particular brand.

Any help will be greatly appreciate.
DS allergic to peanuts

Offline RaquelSA

Re: Popsicle Brand
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
We are tn/pn free family. We eat the Popsicle brand frozen treats and fudgesicles. We have never had an issue and I have felt that the labeling has been good.

Offline joshsmom

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:38:56 PM »
We only eat the regular popsicles from them. My son had a reaction from a fudgesicle  when he was 3 from these. He got a rash all around his mouth. It may have been something else but that was the only thing he was having at the time. So we stick with the fruit flavors pops. At the time he was PA only with possible egg.

Offline Princess Cheese

• The Princess of Cheese
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:53:04 AM »
I called about the yogurt pops and they told me to not eat any of their products just to be safe because they can't guarantee they're free of nuts.
U.S.A. || Adult || PN/TNA  ||
I also avoid fish and shellfish. 

Mommy to 5 amazing kids!! :)
2 girls & 3 boys <3

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:13:06 AM »
We used to eat their molded ice pops and Fudgeicles regularly, until they started giving the same response they gave to Cheese.  (They used to say that their molded pops were on a dedicated line.)

We have since stopped using them, and haven't had them for years.   :disappointed:
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
We generally don't use them because of hearing similar responses from others.  Our go to brand is Philly Swirl which is nut free.  The have Popsicles, cups and now push-ups. We just wish they would make an entire box of cotton candy...
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
 :-X  <---   Y'all can keep our cotton candy, too, then. LOL.

We wish that PhillySwirl fudgesicles would come back to one of our local stores... <sigh>  MAN, were those good.

But yes, the push-pops and popsicles are-- well, DD loves them.  They're pretty sweet, though. 

We also have a Zoku and have used it to make fudge pops and all manner of popsicles.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

twinturbo

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:19:52 PM »
I wish there was a box of Hurricane. Man, I love those altough I could do without it so darn sweet.

Offline Jessica

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 02:03:06 PM »

We wish that PhillySwirl fudgesicles would come back to one of our local stores... <sigh>  MAN, were those good.

But yes, the push-pops and popsicles are-- well, DD loves them.  They're pretty sweet, though. 

We also have a Zoku and have used it to make fudge pops and all manner of popsicles.
What is your fudge pop recipe? I've tried a couple I found online and they weren't very good.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Offline GoingNuts

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »
Oh, I'd love to see that too.  I do miss a good Fudgsicle.    Those were always my fave.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
I'll dig it out and post it down in recipes, but it is REALLY not complicated-- if it were, um... yeah.  Wouldn't have ever happened under my watch.  LOL.

It's basically just chocolate soy milk (should work with regular milk, too) cooked with enough cornstarch to make it like pudding, and then chilled before dumping it into ice-cream molds or the Zoku.
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline Mezzo

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »

:yes:

I wish we could ship you ours, YKW.  That's the one flavor that my kids hate.  They say, "WHY does Philly Swirl keep making those?  They taste like NOTHING!"  They keep saying they're going to write a letter begging them to stop already so that we won't waste one in every box.

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 06:51:44 AM »
LOL We adore them and we have to have a tally on the fridge over who had one the last time.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline tigerlily

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 03:54:52 PM »
Online response about Popsicles online:

When any of the eight most common allergens (milk, eggs, fish, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, soybeans and crustaceans) occur in any of our products they will be listed inside the ingredient statement in plain language. We do not use the terms "natural" or "artificial flavorings" to hide the existence of any allergens. We do not have dedicated production lines in our manufacturing facilities for products containing allergens. We have special handling procedures for all allergenic ingredients used in our manufacturing facilities.
http://www.popsicle.com/article/detail/107642/all-about-popsicle-allergen-information

We use PhillySwirl. Now the comments about fudgscicles disappearing I thought was just our store and perhaps low sales.....truly disturbing as they are so goooood.

We've made them homemade--like the following recipe:

http://smittenkitchen.com/2011/06/fudge-popsicles/
DS1-PA, TNA, SFA
DS2-NKA