FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: My Quirky Allergy Invention Idea Needs Your Feedback!  (Read 4071 times)

Description: Talking Medical ID Device with Panic Button

Offline EnjoyLife

My Quirky Allergy Invention Idea Needs Your Feedback!
« on: June 22, 2012, 04:36:05 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have a product invention idea up on Quirky.com that I'd love your feedback on.  (Anyone can view the idea, but voting requires a free registration to the site.)

The idea is to create an audio product, such as a medical alert necklace with mini-speakers or Epipen case with mini-speakers, that advocates on the behalf of someone suffering a severe allergic (or diabetic) crisis when there's a need to gain the attention of a stranger for help.  Once pressed, a panic button on the device will trigger a recording that announces the emergency and gives action steps to a bystander who may be ignorant about what's going on.

Read more about my idea here:

http://www.quirky.com/ideations/248437

So far, the product exists only in my own mind and is not available for sale, but there's a chance that it will be produced by Quirky if it gets a ton of votes.  If this is a poor idea, I'd love to hear negative feedback too.

Thank you for your attention!

(Full disclosure: If this product gets made, I could earn from it.)

Offline eragon

Re: My Quirky Allergy Invention Idea Needs Your Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »
dont think people who need to worry about giving epi pens in to thigh while reacting severely need to spend time pressing buttons.

if others press the button, why dont they simply read the engraving on the back of a standard medic alert?

batterys run out.

sorry. good try !
Its OK to have dreams:one day my kids will be legal adults & have the skills to pick up a bath towel.