FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Annie's and Back to Nature  (Read 2820 times)

Description:

Offline anxious2008

Annie's and Back to Nature
« on: July 16, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »
Anyone use these brands with PA/TNA? Trying to find more organice foods for my kids so seeing if anyone has used these.

Offline hezzier

• Global Moderator
Re: Annie's and Back to Nature
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »
Annie's gluten free bunny grahams are made in a peanut/treenut free facility.  It's printed on the box.  I think there are 3 flavors:  Snickerdoodle, Gingersnap, and Vanilla & Chocolate.  My kids didn't like Gingersnap and we haven't tried the vanilla/chocolate.

Offline maeve

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:27:59 AM »
Annie's gluten free bunny grahams are made in a peanut/treenut free facility.  It's printed on the box.  I think there are 3 flavors:  Snickerdoodle, Gingersnap, and Vanilla & Chocolate.  My kids didn't like Gingersnap and we haven't tried the vanilla/chocolate.

That must be change because the cheese flavored ones have had a warning in the past.  Not a fan of Annie's because for many years they only had the cross-contamination information on their web site and not on the box.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline pitter patter

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »
I called Annie's a couple of months back.   I was told that they now label for all shared equipment.   We use anything without a warning.
DD:  Anaphalaxis to tree nuts, allergic to pineapple and something in cough medicine, Amoxicillin, env allergies.
DS:  NKFA, allergic to ibuprofen, asthma, env allergies
DH:  NKFA, env allergies
ME:  NKFA, env allergies, asthma
USA

Offline maeve

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
I called Annie's a couple of months back.   I was told that they now label for all shared equipment.   We use anything without a warning.

They do now but they didn't for years.  I just won't use them because of that.  For years, I unknowingly exposed my egg allergic child to cross contaminated mac and cheese.  They also stated that they labeled for this when they still hadn't completely implemented this.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

twinturbo

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
Annie's we've used for years I've been happy with line disclosure on their website. Back to Nature's disclosure policy is a big fat mystery to me even after I've called them
and references their website. I think they are owned by Kraft so if you call you will get the answer that it's free of whatever but that's because customer service is reading policy from a script not because they know any more of what's on the lines than I do. Concrete example: BTN choc chip cookies used to have a milk warning... that disappeared a month or two later. Why? Did they suddenly run it on a milk free line? And the sandwich cookies I'm to believe have no chance of peanut contamination, not because of dedicated line but the answer that it doesn't have a warning on their screen.