FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Nestlé from England  (Read 1907 times)

Description: Kit Kat, Smarties, Aero, etc.

hk

Nestlé from England
« on: August 11, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »
One of our local grocery stories usually carries a small selection of candy from Nestlé in England.  They currently have a large selection-maybe due to the Olympics.  I can't ever remember if their stuff is safe for nut allergy (and egg if anyone happens to know) or if only Nestlé Canada is safe.  The web site makes it look like some of it should be safe, but it details very specific products (sort of like our conversation hearts issue - the 2 oz box is safe, but the 4 oz bag is not).  I'd love to stock up on some new treats for dd, but the print on the labels is really small and I'm scared I'm going to miss something.  Thanks if anyone happens to know how they label.

They even have mini sizes perfect for lunch boxes.

Thank you!

Offline YouKnowWho

Re: Nestlé from England
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:22:30 AM »
I emailed back and forth with Nestle England years ago and felt confident in giving them to my son's at the time.  If I remember correctly they labeled for shared lines as a contain.  But no, it's not as clear on the label in regards to say Hershey's on what it contains at the end, kwim? 

Our Publix carries a variety of the Aero bars and a few others but I often get frustrated because I have to peel back the "USA" label to find the ingredients.  I wish they would carry more :( 

I do shop at our British specialty shop for the Smarties and I think Kit Kats (was really peeved at Whole Foods when they stopped carrying them). 
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline SilverLining

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »
We get quite a bit of Nestle UK stuff here.  They label may contain for peanuts and nuts.  I think they do for egg as well.  I don't deal with egg allergy though.

Offline candyguru

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »

Nestle UK has allergen info on their website.  You can download the lists of products that are safe for various allergens:

http://www.nestle.co.uk/NutritionHealthWellness/Pages/SpecialDietaryNeeds.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)