imagelogin
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Will Ferrell Nearly Killed 'Campaign' Co-Star Zach Galfianakis With Nut Prank  (Read 7221 times)

Description:

Offline candyguru

This is beyond belief.  Speechless.  Personally, I think he should face criminal charges

==========================================================

Will Ferrell Nearly Killed 'Campaign' Co-Star Zach Galfianakis With Nut Prank
July 31st, 2012 9:10am EDT 

Will Ferrell almost killed Zach Galifianakis while they were making "The Campaign" together.

Will allegedly put nuts in Zach's breakfast burrito, which is a bad thing to do for someone who has a serious nut allergy. Fortunately, Galifianakis was treated by an on-set medic and made a full recovery.

Ferrell joked with Jon Stewart, "We had a lot of fun. There were a lot of pranks we pulled on each other...Zac has a nut allergy...and so I had the craft service guy put some walnuts in his breakfast burrito and his throat closed up, to the point where they were like, 'Someone call a doctor...no seriously, someone call a doctor!' And the EMTs (Emergency Medical Technicians) came and they said, 'If had been five minutes later, he would have died.'"

"The Campaign" hits theaters on Friday, Aug. 10.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2012/07/31/will_ferrell_nearly_killed_campaign_co
-----------------------------------------------------------
CANADA, land of maple syrup and poutine
Me:  peanuts, ragweed
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould
DD2:  milk (and avoiding peanuts)

Offline GoingNuts

When I saw this interview, I got the impression that they were just yukking it up for Jon Stewart, and that it wasn't true.

Still hideous that anyone would thing this was humorous.

I'd love to find out if there's any truth to it, or if Zach Galfianakis even has TNA.
"Speak out against the madness" - David Crosby
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

Was Zack at the interview to? 

If he has an allergy and was eating food from the craft service, why were they not aware of his allergy?  Wouldn't he have been asking "does this have nuts in it?

True or not, it's an idiotic thing to joke about.  Fits right in with Farrell.  Anyone remember the video he made of his daughter?

Offline candyguru

Yes, perhaps it is not true as I found it unbelievable too.  But if it was a joke I don't see any humour in it.  Would he joke about spiking a fellow actor's dinner with rat poison? 
DD1:  PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING NOW! peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, eggs, wheat, lentils/peas/beans, leaf mould

Offline maeve

Yes, perhaps it is not true as I found it unbelievable too.  But if it was a joke I don't see any humour in it.  Would he joke about spiking a fellow actor's dinner with rat poison? 

When watching the interview, it was pretty obvious that it wasn't true.  I agree though that it was in poor taste.
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Jon-Stewart-Gets-Called-Out-By-Zach-Galifianakis-Ferrell-Jon-Hamm-Daily-Show-45095.html
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline candyguru

I never watched the interview.. just saw the story on-line on the news.  So I guess it was just his idea of a joke?   :insane:

Offline SilverLining

Yes, he would.

Offline Mfamom

• Committee Member Hermes
he is not funny and he's an idiot to boot.
When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them.  The First Time.

Committee Member Hermes

Offline GoingNuts

OK, FWIW, my 18 year old MFA kid thought it was hilarious and that we're all nuts for taking offense. ~)
N.E. US

Offline SilverLining

GN, read only when you can get that it's a joke, OK?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline GoingNuts

LOL, you're not kidding!
N.E. US

Offline YouKnowWho

I think he did a prank on an episode of The Office as well regarding nuts.

Yeah, in some ways I can see the humor but the other half of me fears the kids that idolize Will Ferrel who might think this would be funny to reenact in real life.

And while I detest Will Ferrell as a comedian in most roles, I absolutely loved him as Mugatu  :hiding:
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline GoingNuts

And while I detest Will Ferrell as a comedian in most roles, I absolutely loved him as Mugatu  :hiding:
That's because he was brill as Mugatu.   :yes:
N.E. US

Offline YouKnowWho

That's because he was brill as Mugatu.   :yes:

Is it sad that I am eagerly awaiting the release of Zoolander 2??
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline GoingNuts

OMG, Zoolander 2?  Really??  It's one of my all time, favorite movies.  ;D

Squealllll!!!!
N.E. US