FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Will Ferrell Nearly Killed 'Campaign' Co-Star Zach Galfianakis With Nut Prank  (Read 7265 times)

Description:

Offline YouKnowWho

2014 - it's a walk off baby!
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Offline becca

• Global Moderator
We are sort of Will Ferrel fans, especially dh(old SNL stuff, not his movies so much for me).  I was very disappointed to hear this prank, whether it was real or not.  I did not find that interview funny, either.  They were all just trying too hard, and it did not work.

But, really, I doubt a Kraft service person would deliberately taint a food like that.  They must have to be cleared to be near stars in those jobs, no?  So, yeah, seems unlikely it really happened. 

So stupid though. 
dd with peanut, tree nut and raw egg allergy

Offline luci

I saw this show.  None of the interview was very funny or amusing because none of the three people seemed to really like one another.  But I'm more of a Colbert fan than a Daily Show fan.

Try as I may, I guess I can only see it as putting someone else's life in danger.  If you think that's funny then waterboarding should be a load of laughs. 

Offline Macabre

• Global Moderator
  • Don't Blink!
I think he was hilarious in Elf.

But wow--in The Office he played a character that was PA and the old boss played this trick on him. And his character was offended. So it's wild he's joke about it, ya know?
Me: Sesame, shellfish, chamomile, sage
DS: Peanuts

Offline Beach Girl

We are sort of Will Ferrel fans, especially dh(old SNL stuff, not his movies so much for me).  I was very disappointed to hear this prank, whether it was real or not.  I did not find that interview funny, either.  They were all just trying too hard, and it did not work.

But, really, I doubt a Kraft service person would deliberately taint a food like that.  They must have to be cleared to be near stars in those jobs, no?  So, yeah, seems unlikely it really happened. 

So stupid though.

Craft Services would not have done something like that.  I have worked in the entertainment business when I was younger.  If something like that had been done as a "joke", the person would`ve lost their job.  They actually really got into trying to make an allergen free meal for me (milk, egg, peanuts at the time).  I remember one time they had soy milk for me and the Craft Services person wanted to make me a soy milk shake.  My mom had to say no due to shared blender and concerns about cleaning it while on location.  They are really prepared to work around the allergies.  So I think he must have said it as some kind of a "joke".  That is really twisted.  It also sets a poor example, because others may watch, not realize that he is making it up, and get the message that this is a funny joke.  Making up a story like that as a "joke" really sends the wrong message.  Someone watching may try it with another food allergic person thinking it is okay.