FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Good News!  (Read 3030 times)

Description:

Offline bramblef

Good News!
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
After having several meetings with the administrators- I finally got moved to a different Adult Family Home where no shellfish can be bought by the residents. This is a step in the right direction.  The ultimate right move is a new job, that is in process.

I have an interview for an admin support position next week sometime. This would be a much better fit for me in terms of dealing with my SFA allergy and not having to work around it.

Keep your finger's crossed!

Offline CMdeux

• Global Moderator
  • -- but sometimes the voices have good ideas!
Re: Good News!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »
 :happydance:  That is great news!!
Resistance isn't futile.  It's voltage divided by current. 

Western U.S.

Offline bramblef

Re: Good News!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »
well, no offer for the admin job. But- now we are double staffed which makes work a little easier. Between a fire starter, run away, shop lifter and cutter they finally decided that we needed more than 1 person to supervise. I haven't had to call the police in 4 days!!!! (Usually it's a 3-4x a week occurrence!

I started a new part time job at a home daycare- finally get to work with the kids again!

The best part about the current clients at the adult family home. They are great at advocating. They go shopping each week and inform the  house manager that some foods he puts in the cart can't be brought into the house.  I even have them reading labels- a good skill for them too!