FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: New World Farms frozen veggies-anyone use them?  (Read 6678 times)

Description:

Offline Jessica

New World Farms frozen veggies-anyone use them?
« on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »
I saw these at Walmart and they don't seem to have a website (or if they do, it's not very comprehensive-I found one but can't tell if it's the same company). Birdseye has some varieties with almonds so I'm hesitant to use them or Freshlike. A lot of Walmart frozen veggies have nut warnings.
USA
DD18-PA/TNA
DD16 and DS14-NKA

Concepcion

Re: New World Farms frozen veggies-anyone use them?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
Hi Jessica,

I work for Miami Agro Import and we are the distributor of NWF frozen veggies. Our plant has absolutely no nuts of any kind and the product is definitely nut free.

Mike Jones

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:11:11 PM »
Why does the package read California Garden Vegetables on the front but on the back says product of Guatemala?

Concepcion

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 03:09:53 PM »
Hi Mike,

The California blend is named so because of the mix of vegetables. The vegetables themselves are not from California, all of our product originates in Guatemala. I am not sure who came up with the name for this blend, and if you check your frozen aisle, you will notice that a number of manufacturer's name the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix the California blend.

ninjaroll

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:30:05 PM »
New World = brand
California Blend = product name
Miami Agro Import = US importer
San Juan AgroExport = Guatemalan producer, processor and exporter

Miami Agro Import
San Juan AgroExport product list fresh and frozen

I'm assuming these are imported on "reefer" containers packed in Guatamala, frozen and shipped, entered as frozen and distributed as is. Miami Agro labels per required disclosure, they are compliant by listing the country of origin on the product.  It is not deceptive.

Susan Snyder

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 09:54:12 PM »
 :rant:  Deceptive package labeling.  California Garden Vegetables should mean they are grown in California.  I would not expect a label that read "Nebraska Beef" to mean beef raised in another country, shipped and packaged here.  It would mean raised in Nebraska!!  Very deceptive!!!  And can't even find a working website for this company.  Will never buy again and will alert family and friends to it also.
The label should read "California Style Garden Vegetables" or "Mixed Garden Vegetables."

Offline YouKnowWho

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 10:26:26 AM »
I don't know of a single brand of veggies that offer a California blend that contains veggies sourced in the US.  I don't understand why this is such a big issue.
DS1 - Wheat, rye, barley and egg
DS2 - peanuts
DD -  tree nuts, soy and sunflower
Me - bananas, eggplant, many drugs
Southeast USA

Mmmmm

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 11:22:28 AM »
I have been using this brand of veggies, the French green beans from Guatemala, from Costco, they're good. My issue is with the recently new recloseable zipper on the package.  It was wider opening before,it is now only about 4 inches wide, so now it is harder to get the beans out with your hand barely getting inside the bag, the beans drop all over in trying to get them out, same thing with trying to pour them out.  The beans are too long for this smaller opening.

pls

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 08:01:34 AM »
I have many food allergies, including highly allergic to almonds and of course all tree nuts, peanuts, sunflower, etc.  I have used these for over a year now and have had no problems.  I read the labels on all items and have looked for a website as well.  But I am confident in eating NWF and I think they are very good; more fresh tasting than other frozen veggies.

Offline rebekahc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 10:21:50 AM »
Your post sounds just like the bogus reviews found all over the internet.  Do you happen to work for this company or get paid to review for them?
TX - USA
DS - peanut, tree nut, milk, eggs, corn, soy, several meds, many environmentals. Finally back on Xolair!
DD - mystery anaphylaxis, shellfish.
DH - banana/avocado, aspirin.  Asthma.
Me - peanut, tree nut, shellfish, banana/avocado/latex,  some meds.

Rose

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 07:21:14 AM »
First off if you shop at Walmart--- news flash--- they are very deceptive about everything they sell. It's cheap stuff for cheap. If you want a vegetable company you can TRUST, I would not look at Walmart. Obviously they choose to do business with them because they just want to sell a mass produced product cheap.

Mr. Barlow

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »
Some of these responses read like The Onion op-eds.

Offline admin rebekahc

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 08:40:19 PM »
I'm not sure why this thread keeps getting randomly re-raised. I'm locking it to further posts. If anyone has a legitimate need to post in this thread, please PM me and I'll unlock it for you.
TX USA