login
FAS has upgraded our forum security. Some members may need to log in again. If you are unable to remember your login information, please email food.allergy.supt@flash.net and we will help you get back in. Thanks for your patience!

Author Topic: Jimmy John's  (Read 5275 times)

Description:

Offline anxious

Jimmy John's
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:02:26 PM »
i know the bagged chips are made in peanut oil. But since their bagged and not worreid about that. Don't see any ingrediant nor allergen info on their website. ARe their sandwiches safe for pa/tna?

Offline GingerPye

Re: Jimmy John's
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »
Our kids can't have the sandwiches due to milk and egg allergy, which we learned from the manager checking labels --- but JJ does offer a lettuce wrap which we have done a few times years ago.  It's not a lot of food.  No chips and a lettuce sandwich.
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

Offline starlight

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:19:24 PM »
You know, I have probably one of the most lax comfort zones on the board, but I just can't bring myself to walk into a Jimmy John's. I know there's probably peanut residue on at least a quarter of the common surfaces I touch on a daily basis (door knobs, counters, money, bars on the bus), but I can kind of pretend that everything's fine and tell myself not to worry, the chances are remote, etc. At JJ's though, it's almost guaranteed that there will be peanut oil EVERYWHERE from the dining-in crowds' fingers. Just knowing that there's a close to 100% guarantee that the door handle leading out of the building will have peanut oil on it...even if it's refined, even though I've never had a contact reaction, even though based on my history I have very little reason to worry...it would be enough to have me in the bathroom washing my hands for five minutes straight and then paying attention to every single little itch or sneeze for the rest of the day.

Offline luci

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:08 AM »
We go through the drive-through.  We are allergic to pnut and avoiding treenuts.  We like the Roast Beef and Cheese sandwich.  Cannot have the cookies or chips.

Offline maeve

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 12:54:29 PM »
My DD is also egg allergic so any sort of deli is off limits.  The risk of cross contamination is just too high.
"Oh, I'm such an unholy mess of a girl."

USA-Virginia
DD allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and egg; OAS to cantaloupe and cucumber

Offline Stinky6

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
My ds has eaten there just fine.  Well - usually get it to go.