After school activities in PN free classroom

Started by KSLaru, September 15, 2012, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSLaru

Our school has a policy of no PN products, including foods with advisory labels, and no homebaked/bakery items in PN free classrooms.  A group is meeting after school in one of these classrooms occasionally.  They are okaying homemade items, but asking for no peanut products (no mention of advisory labeling).  I'm curious what others think about this.  I'm thinking a group should follow the policy of that classroom, regardless of whether it is a school sponsored activity or not.  Is that expecting too much?

GingerPye

I guess I would wonder if the janitorial staff would be cleaning the area after they use it.  Here, it would be cleaned afterwards. 
DD, 25 - MA/EA/PA/env./eczema/asthma
DS, 22 - MA/EA/PA/env.
DH - adult-onset asthma
me - env. allergies, exhaustion, & mental collapse ...

KSLaru

ohreally

I think they need to stick to the requirements for that room, or avoid use of that room for after school activities.

KSLaru

After one meeting, there were crumbs everywhere, despite attempts to use paper towels.  There was no table top washing afterward.  I talked with the group's leader, who doesn't see the issue.  However, I did speak to the 504C who was in total agreement with me, and administration will address the issue.  Nice to be validated, but again I get to be "that" mom, and our relationship will likely be changed because of it.  I tried to be very careful and refer to being aware of the school policy as the reason I brought it up, defering further info to administration.  Though I don't know if it made any difference.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Three blonde, blue-eyed siblings are named Suzy, Jack and Bill.  What color hair does the sister have?:
Please spell spammer backwards:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview